joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I saw that from the NWS. Crazy wind here today. My anemometer had a peak wind gust of 48 mph. Yikes! I didn't know it could spin that fast. ha ha

Mine made it up to 28 MPH during the 53 MPH gust. Of course it's 6 feet off the ground with trees and houses all around. 

EDIT: Guess 20 fire departments went to that fire.

Quick update on what's going to happen based on the 12z Euro and the 00z and 12z Euro Ensembles. We look to have several dry cold frontal passages over the next week or so that will bring a cool down that is quickly followed by a warmup ahead of the next cold frontal passage. Any precipitation looks to take place to our east.

After having a warm to neutral look to them yesterday (or maybe the day before), the ensembles are again showing cold in the long range. Still going with the cold coming around the 25th or so. It will be east Canada based at first before it 'fills in' west across Canada down into the US. The coldest looks to be in the Great Lakes up into the N Plains. 

Edit: 500 MB maps just came in... They look pretty good.  Nice ridge from the Pacific, up through Alaska and points farther north. That's a very cold look for the central and eastern US.... Now to get a system to come through...

I know very few of you are Razorback fans but you have to check out the finish of the Arkansas/Kentucky basketball game tonight. I won't even spoil it for you. Lets just say one of the best endings EVER!!!!

Yes I agree, hog fan here and that was awesome! Slamma jamma off of a 3 pt miss what an exclamation point to a great game. Nice to get a big win against a ranked team.

Long range (Day 11-15) is still looking great on the 12z Euro Ensembles. Both the ensemble and control run are cold with the control being a bit farther west with the coldest anomalies. Overall, it appears winter will make its comeback towards the end of the month. Hopefully we will get some systems to go along with that.

Long range (Day 11-15) is still looking great on the 12z Euro Ensembles. Both the ensemble and control run are cold with the control being a bit farther west with the coldest anomalies. Overall, it appears winter will make its comeback towards the end of the month. Hopefully we will get some systems to go along with that.

I've always said, "give me the cold, and I will take my chances that the snow will follow".  I hate to oversimplify but the simple fact is that it has to get cold before we have any hope of seeing widespread snow so I am all aboard for the late-month return to colder.  To my (very untrained) eye, it appears that it is finally starting to firm up around a specific time frame rather than always being 10+ days out on each successive model run.  Now, I just have to figure out what to do with myself for the next 10 days or so while waiting for the cold to come back.   :thumbsup:  

The 12Z GFS went nuts from day 10 on. Wow! Crazy clown map. Maybe someone can post it. I don't know how to from my phone.

I'm ready for some excitement again. I look at this site about 400 times a day hoping there's new posts. :)

Holy Moly. You definitely don't see that on a snow map every day. I'd take half that snow depth all day long. :-)

I think it just shows the pattern is probably about to become great again for storms and rumors of storms. Hopefully right on thru most of February.

I know. It would be a miracle if it is even close. It added a little blocking over the Atlantic and came up with that. Lol. Will be watching future runs again though for the next 2-3 weeks it looks like. Guess every hard winter needs a break in it every once in awhile. I'm just ready for the break to be over. Lol. One thing that they are growing quite sure about is possibly the coldest air of the year coming down out of Canada. Brrr.

I wish the Euro snow map looked like that. The control run snow map out to hour 360 does have snow.... in New Orleans... heh

Anyway, 12z Euro ensembles still cold. The control run was extremely cold. Just have to wait to get closer to see any storm threats plus the ensembles and control have been moving around with the coldest of the air. The 00z run had most the cold air over the Great Lakes and NE but came back west on the 12z run.

Well, heres hoping the euro doesn't start flip flopping as time goes by.

Still looking pretty good. Just looked at the Thurs weeklies and eventually the trough shifts farther west. The control run was very cold through the first 16 days of Feb even. 

Archived