joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm Im really curious to see how this pans out? Maybe this forecast could bust? I got plans for tomorrow but idk, just confused again as usual and my dam short term memory cant keep up with all the non changing forecasts flying out :(

The temp was down to 33.4 before I left earlier, got home and now an ice storm warning or whatever it is and temp is back up to 36 lmao. Crazy crazy crazy. Whats your thinking for here jomo, I hate to bug you man but im curious.

Hmmm Im really curious to see how this pans out? Maybe this forecast could bust? I got plans for tomorrow but idk, just confused again as usual and my dam short term memory cant keep up with all the non changing forecasts flying out :(

The temp was down to 33.4 before I left earlier, got home and now an ice storm warning or whatever it is and temp is back up to 36 lmao. Crazy crazy crazy. Whats your thinking for here jomo, I hate to bug you man but im curious.

I'm not JoMo, but it looks as if it would be primarily western Benton county and far NW Washington county that have the highest ice threat. You are probably wavering around the front.

I'm not JoMo, but it looks as if it would be primarily western Benton county and far NW Washington county that have the highest ice threat. You are probably wavering around the front.

Agree with this. You're probably going to be fairly close to the front NwWhiteOut. The best chances for ice will be farther northwest since the freezing line shouldn't push farther south and east. 

Thanks guys I really do appreciate the fast responses :). Im always so thankful for this forum! That was my feeling earlier when I was looking at what I did understand, looked like right around the border up by rogers somewhere or a lil further nw was where the freezing line was. Again thank you to both of you who answered my crazy questions lol

Estimating 0.1-0.15" accumulation here thus far on trees and other elevated surfaces. For the moment, the primary band is well N and W of the metro. May be a lull here for a few hours before the brunt of the event hits overnight.

I had a thin coating of ice on my mailbox and fence when we got home about 730, now its gone, it rained decently for about an hour and seems to be all liquid at the moment, the temp also came UP about a degree....

I had a thin coating of ice on my mailbox and fence when we got home about 730, now its gone, it rained decently for about an hour and seems to be all liquid at the moment, the temp also came UP about a degree....

The sub-freezing air is very shallow. It's toasty above the ground so it's possible that during heavier bursts of rain, that warmer air will be transported down and it will cause the temp to rise.

The sub-freezing air is very shallow. It's toasty above the ground so it's possible that during heavier bursts of rain, that warmer air will be transported down and it will cause the temp to rise.

Right, I Just hope that continues and maybe I'll wake up tomorrow to only mild travel issues...

No my power is fine..flickered a couple times here in Tulsa but I'm just posting what the NWS has put out! Muskogee is east of me so if it's already affecting them..it's bound to affect us here. 2007 I didn't have power for 2 weeks

Well hopefully yours dont go out! Sounds like the ice storm I had in 07 back in missouri when I lived there, it was horrible. Was without power for about that same ammount of time. It was not fun at all!!!!!

You getting freezing rain there currently jomo? According to nws it says you are. What a waste here, oh so close of 34.8 degrees raining and lots of thunder. Man the weather just amazes me every winter out here in the midwest! Go probly 20 miles north of me right now and its snowing or zr. I am really gonna dread the winters here I think lol, Im such a snow weenie and I just have to keep telling myself to accept the fact its not going to happen often lol.

It's lightly raining (got a bit heavier earlier) and my north windows are iced over. The yard has that nice 'white' look to it. Pin oak which still has leaves on it of course, is not bending all that much yet. 

A little bit of ice is ok, I never minded a tad bit of it and then some snow on top. Makes for a awesome view! I cant believe all this thunder here its insane!!!!

You getting freezing rain there currently jomo? According to nws it says you are. What a waste here, oh so close of 34.8 degrees raining and lots of thunder. Man the weather just amazes me every winter out here in the midwest! Go probly 20 miles north of me right now and its snowing or zr. I am really gonna dread the winters here I think lol, Im such a snow weenie and I just have to keep telling myself to accept the fact its not going to happen often lol.

Tell me about it!  Mod rain now with a few thunder claps,,,, and   33 degrees... hey at least the lights should stay on.

This is gonna sound dumb probly, but....Jomo do you have a radar that shows like the rain/mix snow line that animates? I had one back in the day and lost it :(. I just cannot remember where or what type it was :(

www.knwa.com has a good interactive radar.  It shows just how close the freezing line is from Bentonville/Rogers/Springdale.  

Very true, but man now Im going to feel your pain and misery probly lol. All those years I was like "poor spot he never gets in on the action"....now I can join you most times haha

Very true, but man now Im going to feel your pain and misery probly lol. All those years I was like "poor spot he never gets in on the action"....now I can join you most times haha

Well the storm a few weeks back was ok with a coating of Ice and 2 inches of sleet and 4 inches of snow on top.. so im not bad off as yrs past.

Archived