CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late November/Early December disco on the upcoming pattern

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you on October snows. Measurable snow at BOS prior to 11/1 does not correlate well. For the 5 times there has been measurable snow at BOS, all 5 have been below normal snow years. Most just a bit below but below nonetheless. 1979-80 was an unmitigated dead ratter with 12.7.

Plus we've never had anything on that level either. That was a monster. You and I both have been around these parts a reasonable amount of time and my fuzzy recollection tends to lean towards early cold/snow not good. Thing is it wasn't that cold..it just snowed so who knows.

I still say the squirrels are right and even if we wait till January we end up with a great snow winter. Otherwise, I'm on a personal SNE squirrel assasination mission.

If we did a verification the squirrels probably outperform the GFS most of the time. Everything else does too.

I like what I'm seeing so far on the 12z GFS for the 6th-ish.

do they just level that atlantic ridge after day 10?

Yeah that ridge flattens out and so does the Pacific ridge. That's defintely not a good thing. Up until the last 48 hours the pattern hasn't looked bad and showed signs of improvement, but the last few runs have gotten worse. We should probably see how the trends look in the next 48 hrs or so, but as shown right now...the middle of the month gets ugly again....and it wasn't pretty to begin with.

Squirrels are fat because they have been eating people's gardens through November...lol.

I thought of that a couple of days ago. They're wired to eat when light is low and weather is warm. So they're just piling it down like Dom Deluise thinking it's going to get cold at any moment.

GFS much less promising as it goes forward. ENSembles FTW, us FTL

Archived