• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
SE Mid-Long Range Discussion

CAD_Wedge_NC

the thing about the Euro lately is that it mishandles something about 5 or 7 days out, which greatly causes an error. I already see around 168 hours when the next s/w is coming ashore the west or northwest coast how the models use that to either make it warm in the SE(ecmwf) or bring back another cold shot (gfs). Many times, the Ecmwf will fold to the GFS , atleast its done that numerous times this Spring, Summer and Fall. Lately we've been pretty warm though, so the pattern is still warm despite any brief cool downs, esp. December. But that may be changing soon, I tend to like the GFS sticking to a Alaskan ridge, of course where exactly will mean who gets the cold, who gets the warm. But I wouldn't be surprised to see that eventually pan out. Euro weeklies may show above average and still be right, but it doesn't mean that we can't get one super-big hit of either cold or snow. Remember a few days ago when it had this upcoming cold shot as a deep cutoff and snow in Carolinas/East Coast? I'm sure we'll see the Euro pull more things like this in the very near future. Likely with that system in the Southwest that its probably mis-handling. We'll see.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just glancing over 18z nam and noticed @ 78-84 it's wanting to pop the low a good deal further west than previous runs, went over 12z gfs in comparison to 0z and same thing...I doubt there is anything to make of it and am only noting it out of pure snow deprevation...will be interesting to see what 18z gfs does with it though

0Z GFS has a small snow for areas on either side of apps in TN/NC around 200 hours and a major LR fantasy display. Whether either of these has a snowballs's chance of verifying, the GFS has not moved toward the Euro with this run. Rain and / or snow seems to be a regular depiction on this GFS.

0Z GFS has a small snow for areas on either side of apps in TN/NC around 200 hours and a major LR fantasy display. Whether either of these has a snowballs's chance of verifying, the GFS has not moved toward the Euro with this run. Rain and / or snow seems to be a regular depiction on this GFS.

It has a deep eastern system on day 8-9 and then a pretty cold look the rest of the run. All all in all it's pretty good considering what we've been dealing with.

Whoa, 00z Euro sure does grab your attention at the end of the Run...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yep IF it's correct and a big IF at the end of the run that ULL it has rolling through TX then down towards New Orleans is a whopper and usually the Euro with the ULL's drive them a little too far south to begin with so it might have a chance of pushing north and just slamming someone. Either way both the GFS and Euro looked way better for the LR .

Archived