joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last thread didn't work - upcoming threats discussion

TalcottWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe stating the obvious but given the players on the field, this could probably go anywhere from up the HV to way outside the BM.

I'm pleased with what's shown for now. It will only take a small shuffle to bring it west, or another 50-100 miles difference in s/w timing will allow it to be a piece of junk.

maybe stating the obvious but given the players on the field, this could probably go anywhere from up the HV to way outside the BM.

I think the last few solutions along with ensembles demonstrate well just how tough it would be to get a cutter in this pattern....those vortexes up in the Lakes and S Canada provide quite the wall with the block securing them in place...a full earlier phase could def threaten something like a HV cutter, but thankfully that looks like the worst case scenario...lots more room to the east.

I think the last few solutions along with ensembles demonstrate well just how tough it would be to get a cutter in this pattern....those vortexes up in the Lakes and S Canada provide quite the wall with the block securing them in place...a full earlier phase could def threaten something like a HV cutter, but thankfully that looks like the worst case scenario...lots more room to the east.

Agree totally. A cutter is probably the least likely scenario with out to sea, scraper, or blockbuster being more likely. The only way it cuts west is if the closed low jogs even further west than progged and we get a very early phase. IMO this is least likely.

Archived