Newest Member
    joxey
0Z Guidance Discussion 12/10/2010

Dr No

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is off-topic but I didn't want it to get ignored:

On the 18z GFS, are those snow showers along I-95 at hours 90-96 from lake-effect or wrap-around? If so, what should we be looking for to see that continue on the 00z runs? A strong vort north of the lakes I guess would be condusive enough to give us colder temps with snow showers for the following two days?

The NAM has a piece of the PV positioned west to east due north of the sw trough, this is moving southward and as a result pushes the entire trough further south and prevents it from phasing/ going negative too early.

The GFS has the PV feature aligned more north to south and it phases in earlier creating a more westerly solution

TN getting about a foot out of this run. See what happens when it goes negative tilt, still neutral @ 60

I've no idea what map you're looking at, as I see nothing indicating that...

This is a drastically different solution from 18z and shows just how much shifting is still to be done. Everything is basically shoved 100+ miles east.

This is a drastically different solution from 18z and shows just how much shifting is still to be done. Everything is basically shoved 100+ miles east.

That's the cool part of this, all the different solutions and changes. But, taken as is, this solution would be interesting up in northern VA, I would think just by looking at 850's, 700 rh, and the sim radar.

That's the cool part of this, all the different solutions and changes. But, taken as is, this solution would be interesting up in northern VA, I would think just by looking at 850's, 700 rh, and the sim radar.

yes and no

I don't think much falls at all as snow at the end from central VA to central MD

but, there's still time for us to get an inch or two if we're lucky, so I'm staying tuned

checked the sims out and 6 hour increments of qpf, show that I stand to be corrected. Still a decent shot at accumulating snow. Case of cold chasing moisture.

temps look to be in the upper 30s to lower 40s at 72hr so if its snow it will not stick

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/nam/00znampmsl10mwinds2mtemps072.gif

yes and no

I don't think much falls at all as snow at the end from central VA to central MD

but, there's still time for us to get an inch or two if we're lucky, so I'm staying tuned

Hr 72 the 0C 850 straddles i-95.... If you do the 6hr QPF from VA into PA... you get 0.10-0.25. True, who knows how the other layers are

temps look to be in the upper 30s to lower 40s at 72hr so if its snow it will not stick

http://raleighwx.ame...s2mtemps072.gif

Well, where I'm located, that 32 degree line is at my backdoor. But I know what you're saying. Heck, in 6 hours it will be a different look anyway. I'd be happy with an inch. I'm just amazed at all of these different possibilities and changes.

Archived