northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Dec 11-13 MW/Lakes/OV Snow Event? Part III

Chicago Storm

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it in anyway possible that the ukmet verifies? Haven't been on here long and I guess you could call me a weenie.

Sure looks to me like the table is being set for a low to move into the Nebraska area and head ENE from there with conditions ripe for strengthening, I'd put the Ukie in the incredible long shot box.

Is it in anyway possible that the ukmet verifies? Haven't been on here long and I guess you could call me a weenie.

Anything is possible still at this point. I would not bet on it though..

btw here is the differences between the last run and 12z UK..

post-90-0-85933500-1291998752.gif

post-90-0-58474300-1291998768.gif

Not really that much change.. Thus one small reason to keep it in the back of the mind i suppose.

Looks at surface low progression and pressure falls it seems as though the NAM is on the right track to far.

Greatest falls now centered around north platte nebraska, which is just south of where the GFS takes the low out of minnesota, granted they don't indicate exact track but they're both doing ok for now.

me

Sure looks to me like the table is being set for a low to move into the Nebraska area and head ENE from there with conditions ripe for strengthening, I'd put the Ukie in the incredible long shot box.

Yea thats where I am confused. The canadian takes ot more east and little south. GFS takes it due east a little north once it strenghtens just east of detroit. RGEM is similar to the canadian 48 hours out. Only the NAM is taking it NE which seems more common sense. If the GFS Canadian RGEM verify, thats .75+ of precip in SW and central michigan. Thats WSW criteria.

Becoming quite clear. Higher res models able to better simulate mesoscale forcings and intense cyclogenesis track farther NW and slower, lower res guidance tracks farther S and faster. Still leaning towards high res NAM/SREF guidance. EURO, as the highest res global model, will be telling when it comes out.

Becoming quite clear. Higher res models able to better simulate mesoscale forcings and intense cyclogenesis track farther NW and slower, lower res guidance tracks farther S and faster. Still leaning towards high res NAM/SREF guidance. EURO, as the highest res global model, will be telling when it comes out.

It will be interesting after the event passes to go back and look and see how everything played out..

Is there any chance the low tracks farther south, like Northern or Central Illinois, but still slow like the further NW tracks?

Is there any chance the low tracks farther south, like Northern or Central Illinois, but still slow like the further NW tracks?

Given what I have analyzed and the forcings present and the model biases, probably not. It will either be farther NW and more intense/slow or weaker and farther S and a tad faster.

If the GFS/GEM/Ukie/Nogaps/RGEM end up right with a ESE trend, your reputation is not on the line.

I read your blog and your a blessing to this community. I just want to get that out there, if I am totally off that is fine and I apologize for this assertion. You are pretty much our teacher here and well respected, exp after the way you handled yourself yesterday.

with that said I hope the Jet can dig this thing south enough for me to get in the deformation zone, so I hope in this case you are wrong, carry on :)

Archived