• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Average first freeze (or end of growing season) info?

Ian

Anyone have good info on this other than NWS? Perhaps primarily interested in the DC area (east of Blue Ridge) to the bay but statewide or elsewhere would be good too.

This is one of those climo stats that using DCA as a measure is pretty pointless.

• 4 weeks later...

Katie's debut (as a co-author at least): http://www.washingto...WmZ3L_blog.html

Great map. Quick question, probably for Katie, on the elevation map in the article. Should the unit be meters? I ask, because my house is at 475' plus or minus 10', but the map has me banded in 91'-161'.

freeze-map-elevation-cwg.gif?uuid=SFd8xPqmEeCPpehawWq0Sg

http://www.heywhatst...m/profiler.html

post-1746-0-03451900-1319216920.jpg

Nitpickers. The more important map is being overlooked. The freeze one looks good and I am more curious how urban development has affected things over the years. IAD still shows some rural aspects that the map displays but that has had to have changed over the years.

Nitpickers. The more important map is being overlooked. The freeze one looks good and I am more curious how urban development has affected things over the years. IAD still shows some rural aspects that the map displays but that has had to have changed over the years.

Thanks, Andy. Mistakes happen and I was told about it, notified Ian and immediately sent him a revised map. But you are right, the elevation map was more of a reference, it was not the focus map of the article.

But that's okay, the people at CWG enjoyed the article and my freeze map so much that they are going to print them in the Post tomorrow. :D

Thanks, Andy. Mistakes happen and I was told about it, notified Ian and immediately sent him a revised map. But you are right, the elevation map was more of a reference, it was not the focus map of the article.

But that's okay, the people at CWG enjoyed the article and my freeze map so much that they are going to print them in the Post tomorrow. :D

Good for you!

I promise never to point out that stuff again :)

Awesome, Katie. Glad to hear that and will go get me a paper tomorrow. :)

Archived