• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Fall foliage and color pics

SpartyOn

Sadly, the color here will be pretty terrible due to the drought and tornado.

At least your alive and not the obvious. Godspeed to all of you down there. Life has been cruel to say the least but even everyday folks like myself who don't know you pray for you and all the fine folks of Joplin. Life will mend the wounds over time but none of us will ever forget the horrific tragedy that took place. Take care.

Goodness sake those are some superb pictures oceanstwx. The White mountains bear a small resemblance to their taller brethren out west since some of the peaks have an "above timberline" look.

The view from the top of Mt. Washington is stunning. I will have some fall colors from the CO Rockies here in a week.

Goodness sake those are some superb pictures oceanstwx. The White mountains bear a small resemblance to their taller brethren out west since some of the peaks have an "above timberline" look.

The view from the top of Mt. Washington is stunning. I will have some fall colors from the CO Rockies here in a week.

During winter you really get a sense for why they were named the White Mountains. The snow white peaks are a stark contrast to the surrounding tree covered summits.

All my years living in New England and that was my first trip to the top of Mt. Washington. It really is amazing just how much taller it is than the surrounding peaks. You can look across Pinkham Notch to Wildcat Mountain (ski resort) and it looks flat from 6, 288 feet (about 2,000 feet above the summit of Wildcat).

Unrelated to foliage but still colorful, the observers on top of Mt. Washington were reporting INTMT AURBO for a couple of hours last night too.

How do I upload photos here? Do I need to host them, and use that URL?

When you click reply you should see an attachments section. Click browse to find your picture and then click attach this file. You should see the file name on the screen. Then you can either click add reply and be done or click add to post (located to the right of the file name). The second option is best if you have multiple files and want to be able to control the order they show up in.

When you click reply you should see an attachments section. Click browse to find your picture and then click attach this file. You should see the file name on the screen. Then you can either click add reply and be done or click add to post (located to the right of the file name). The second option is best if you have multiple files and want to be able to control the order they show up in.

post-5916-0-18724300-1317331036.jpg

post-5916-0-87083900-1317331047.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some great pics guys. My fav so far is the ones from Colorado. Colorado doesnt have the colorful variety that we get in the midwest/Lakes/New England, rather mostly gold, but the scenery is beyond gorgeous. Havent really went leaf peeping yet, but shot a few pics of trees in my friends neighborhood yesterday. Color is just exploding and Im guessing peak is at the most 2 weeks away. Plan to do some color nature walks in the next few weeks.

2920-800.jpg

2921-800.jpg

Colorado was amazing, and the fall colors did not disappoint. I can't wait to possibly go to Glacier next fall.

These are the famous Maroon Bells near Aspen. The scenery there was spectacualar.

Outstanding high quality pictures! Definitely calender material right there. I was gonna post a few pics I took with my cell phone, but I don't think I will after seeing some of these pics on here lol. :thumbsup:

Outstanding high quality pictures! Definitely calender material right there. I was gonna post a few pics I took with my cell phone, but I don't think I will after seeing some of these pics on here lol. :thumbsup:

Ha thanks man. Feel free though to post your foliage pics, I post cell phone pics all the time. These were the special SLR pics I had to post. Colorado scenery did the work for me it was none of my doing. I can't wait to head back.

Took a few pics around Wyandotte today. Cant believe how fast the color show has exploded. I checked the foliage network website, and it confimed what I was seeing. "Many of our spotters in Michigan and Wisconsin have reported a sudden explosion of color! In fact, a few have noted that they've never seen anything like this." Will be doing some hiking in state/metro parks next week, but for now, some suburbia shots

2922-800.jpg

2923-800.jpg

2924-800.jpg

2925-800.jpg

2926-800.jpg

2927-800.jpg

2928-800.jpg

2929-800.jpg

2930-800.jpg

Been a sort of odd color season here. We had the explosion of color 1-2 weeks ago, now there are a TON of bare trees (cant remember seeing so many bare trees in mid-October) but also still a handful of green ones left as well. Also some of the remaining color seems much more muted than in recent years. Nevertheless, Fall is always great. Heres a few pics from today.

2931-800.jpg

2932-800.jpg

2933-800.jpg

2934-800.jpg

2935-800.jpg

2936-800.jpg

2937-800.jpg

Archived