• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Another Gulf of Mexico tropical threat to the SE late this week?

blueheronNC

OK, I see on the NCEP site where the core low moves west into Mex...but there is moisture and a weak wave of low pressure that moves into the NE Gulf...all in all, both look quite weak.

Off the NCEP site it appears that part of the cold front draped across the GOM is responsible for whatever moves into Florida....I did not see an actual low pressure but there it is, weak as can be...

Looks like Nate will go right into Mexico. What a waste of a storm.

So? Texas needs all the rain they can get. If this moves into Mexico, they get a better chance at rain. We got over 6" on Labor Day and frankly we don't need any more for a while.

I for one hope it produces enough rain to make a dent in the drought but not be so strong that it hurts people and destroys lives.

So? Texas needs all the rain they can get. If this moves into Mexico, they get a better chance at rain. We got over 6" on Labor Day and frankly we don't need any more for a while.

I for one hope it produces enough rain to make a dent in the drought but not be so strong that it hurts people and destroys lives.

Uhh the current NHC forecast track would probably have very little effect on the Texas drought. Mexico's terrain would most likely eat up Nate anyway.

And not everyone got 6 inches of rain....

And not everyone got 6 inches of rain....

So? it caused a lot of flooding around here and a lot of problems for everyone. Roads were flooded here and I couldn't really enjoy my labor day. I got stuck indoors for most of the day.

Take what you can get. Don't worry about extremes. Be glad if the weather around you DOESN'T cause property damage and the loss of lives. I've seen my share of disasters and tornado damage, flooding and snowstorms and icestorms. They aren't good things and aren't worth wishing for.

So? it caused a lot of flooding around here and a lot of problems for everyone. Roads were flooded here and I couldn't really enjoy my labor day. I got stuck indoors for most of the day.

Take what you can get. Don't worry about extremes. Be glad if the weather around you DOESN'T cause property damage and the loss of lives. I've seen my share of disasters and tornado damage, flooding and snowstorms and icestorms. They aren't good things and aren't worth wishing for.

facepalm.png I never said I was wishing for it.

Don't look now but the GFS onto Nate. The GFS solution takes it in around the MS & LA line and then it just meanders down the coast for 4 days at a snails pace, raining itself out. Not sure I buy that solution but you can have a look for yourself below. I skipped a lot of hours in between because it was like photo copies just inching from MS to the panhandle.

The 00Z Canadian holds serve and brings it in a very similar fashion to Lee.

GFS_yes.gif

GFS_yes1.gif

GFS_yes2.gif

GFS_yes3.gif

Canadian-1.jpg

Canadian2.jpg

Don't look now but the GFS is in on '96 becoming a T.D. if not a T.S. The GFS solution takes it in around the MS & LA line and then it just meanders down the coast for 4 days at a snails pace, raining itself out. Not sure I buy that solution but you can have a look for yourself below. I skipped a lot of hours in between because it was like photo copies just inching from MS to the panhandle.

The 00Z Canadian holds serve and brings it in a very similar fashion to Lee.

Actually '96 is already a Tropical Storm...Nate.

post-347-0-10854400-1315483396.gif

Just using the eye-test...I'm very interested in the fact that our upper low which developed after Lee went extra-tropical has now retrograded back as far west as Indiana. Also if you notice, the water vapor over the Upper Plains is diving back southwest which to me indicates that the low will continue to retrograde for the near future. The question is...just how far does that occur? Is this the same philosophy that the GFS is using in its forecast track?

sat_wv_us_loop-12.gif

Archived