Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central PA Fall Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WBRP1 has crested. 38.50 at 21:00 UTC. Down to 38.44.

those numbers seem a little fishy to me to go from .76' rise in an hour to .54' to suddenly dropping... would be good for the area if true but doesn't seem to make sense in terms of a crest already especially with Binghamton levels still at record height

those numbers seem a little fishy to me to go from .76' rise in an hour to .54' to suddenly dropping... would be good for the area if true but doesn't seem to make sense in terms of a crest already especially with Binghamton levels still at record height

Observed Data:                         	
Date(UTC)       	Stage       	Flow                         	
09/08 21:15       	38.44ft       	287kcfs                        	
09/08 21:00       	38.5ft       	288kcfs                         	
09/08 20:45       	38.46ft       	287kcfs                         	
09/08 20:30       	38.28ft       	283kcfs                         	
09/08 20:15       	38.11ft       	279kcfs                        	
09/08 20:00       	37.96ft       	276kcfs

Judge for yourself.

Observed Data:                         	
Date(UTC)       	Stage       	Flow                         	
09/08 21:15       	38.44ft       	287kcfs                        	
09/08 21:00       	38.5ft       	288kcfs                         	
09/08 20:45       	38.46ft       	287kcfs                         	
09/08 20:30       	38.28ft       	283kcfs                         	
09/08 20:15       	38.11ft       	279kcfs                        	
09/08 20:00       	37.96ft       	276kcfs

Judge for yourself.

Maybe right - but PEMA has said that gauges are so inundated they MAY not be giving accurate RTD.

an unreal day reporting for WNEP. Been up since 2am...Downtown Pittston (my community) is flooding along Kennedy BLVD---near Coopers Seafood Restaurant, I watched a puddle grow to a flood..a mixture of raw sewage and river water BOILING up through the manhole covers...and storm drains...I havnt' been down that way in a few hours...but it went from nothing to 1.5 feet deep in about 30 minutes...

WNEP will be Wall-to-Wall for at least another day...next shift for me starts at 4am tomorrow....

We will be using every resource available to cover you folks and get the latest info out for NEPA and Central PA....

Marisa Burke just had aerial shots from a helicopter over West Pittston..just blocks and blocks and blocks inundated with the river water from the Susquehanna River.

*JIM*

I tried to dig into the PennDOT roadcams to find anything good. I did find this one at the Clark's Ferry Bridge (US 322/22 and PA 147). I'm familiar with this route, and the height of the Susquehanna wrt to the bridge is pretty insane. I've also never seen this bridge without some kind of a traffic jam on it (roads closed obviously). I wonder if the river will reach the level of that statue of liberty thing that you see perched atop the concrete thing in the middle of the river on that stretch of roadway.

post-1507-0-59407000-1315522025.jpg

an unreal day reporting for WNEP. Been up since 2am...Downtown Pittston (my community) is flooding along Kennedy BLVD---near Coopers Seafood Restaurant, I watched a puddle grow to a flood..a mixture of raw sewage and river water BOILING up through the manhole covers...and storm drains...I havnt' been down that way in a few hours...but it went from nothing to 1.5 feet deep in about 30 minutes...

WNEP will be Wall-to-Wall for at least another day...next shift for me starts at 4am tomorrow....

We will be using every resource available to cover you folks and get the latest info out for NEPA and Central PA....

Marisa Burke just had aerial shots from a helicopter over West Pittston..just blocks and blocks and blocks inundated with the river water from the Susquehanna River.

*JIM*

I've seen some of the coverage online... great job! I went to an nbc affiliate in Norfolk/VA Beach to help with Irene coverage, which was on-air for over 20 hours without breaks... ended up staying at the station for 26 hours straight (we were flooded in and under a curfew) taking short naps at times when I could find somewhere to sleep. It's an exciting job, but really exhausting once the adrenaline wears off.

Again, great job at the station. Amazing pictures and video.

Archived