2. 2. Which Storm was Better?

• January 22-23, 2005
    • January 11-12. 2011
    • January 26-27, 2011
  3. 3. Which Winter was Better?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey..belittle it if you must..but you'll never be able to take away how great last winter was around my area. IMO it beat the Cape in 2005 in terms of snowpack, depth and retention.

No question about that....depth is debatable, but what vaults the cape's landscape over what you saw is the hurricane force wind and the drifts swallowing homes....and the fact that they simply witnessed a greater anomaly.

Hey..belittle it if you must..but you'll never be able to take away how great last winter was around my area. IMO it beat the Cape in 2005 in terms of snowpack, depth and retention.

LOL, well like I said..it depends on the metrics.

Look, I saw the Cape 2 days after. I saw cars just submerged in snow, back-hoes completely buried to the point where I had to dig them out (how the fook does that happen), snow drifts practically to the roofs of 2 story ranch homes...it was chaos. Even I was jealous.

LOL, well like I said..it depends on the metrics.

Look, I saw the Cape 2 days after. I saw cars just submerged in snow, back-hoes completely buried to the point where I had to dig them out (how the fook does that happen), snow drifts practically to the roofs of 2 story ranch homes...it was chaos. Even I was jealous.

I'm not debating that one storm wasn't better than any of the ones we had. It was. Hands down.

I'm referring to the winter as a whole. Granted we lost March this year and probably have for the rest of our lives, but in terms of overall winter appeal 2011 beats 2005.

I'm not debating that one storm wasn't better than any of the ones we had. It was. Hands down.

I'm referring to the winter as a whole. Granted we lost March this year and probably have for the rest of our lives, but in terms of overall winter appeal 2011 beats 2005.

Exactly the poll was the month not an individual storm.

No I said NECT WRI 40 inch OTG was greater than the Capes.

I have already admitted that total, mean depths were comparable.....but 40" of Charlie Brown Christmas snow is not the same as 40" of snow amassed in a hurricane...what is so difficult about that concept.....

I haven't seen either...you're right.

What you guys saw trumped my area....has my area seen it in the past, yes.....has it ever seen what the cape, did, very doubtful.

I have already admitted that total, mean depths were comparable.....but 40" of Charlie Brown Christmas snow is not the same as 40" of snow amassed in a hurricane...what is so difficult about that concept.....

I haven't seen either...you're right.

What you guys saw trumped my area....has my area seen it in the past, yes.....has it ever seen what the cape, did, very doubtful.

The wind was gusting to 55 MPH in my Charlie Brown storm just for clarification. Total blizzard.

The wind was gusting to 55 MPH in my Charlie Brown storm just for clarification. Total blizzard.

Obviously I was being saracastic, but cc was N of 80mph.....your pack was more resilient, hands down,...the cape will never match you in that capacity, but I'm not sure that you will ever match their snow\wind combo, either....nor the magnitude of that anomaly.....it was comparable to the that of the Mid Atl's 2010 winter, as Will said.

They did shatter your winter total back in '05. The only thing you can hold a candle to that winter is snow pack rentention. Otherwise, they murdered you.

Obviously I was being saracastic, but cc was N of 80mph.....your pack was more resillient, hands down,...the cape will never match you in that capacity, but I'm not sure that you will ever match their snow\wind combo, either....nor the magnitude of that anomaly.....it was comparable to the that of the Mid Atl's 2010 winter, as Will said.

Anamoly wise no way, wind no way, absolute beast. yea this is fun, love the verbal abuse about sandbagging, god you guys need new material. Hope we get a cane, what a disaster TS season is so far though, early but great seeing the TS dudes fight over nonstorms.

Anamoly wise no way, wind no way, absolute beast. yea this is fun, love the verbal abuse about sandbagging, god you guys ned new material. Hope we get a cane, what a disaster TS season is so far though, early but great seeing the TS dudes fight over nonstorms.

I think this season will be fine....sweating it at this point is akin to zywts and DT declaring the Sox flops in April.

I think this season will be fine....sweating it at this point is akin to zywts and DT declaring the Sox flops in April.

Probably but it is annoying every cluster gets a name these days. I do enjoy the fact weenies exist in Pro and Hobby form in the tropics, by the threads we should have had an Andrew Isabel already. NAO being negative will have a huge say in the final EC threat.

Archived