31 members have voted

1. 1. Which month was better?

2. 2. Which Storm was Better?

• January 22-23, 2005
    • January 11-12. 2011
    • January 26-27, 2011
  3. 3. Which Winter was Better?

I was gonna say...:lol:

I have a pretty good memory, but not a sicko one like he has...lol. I feel like I'm forgetting some of my childhood memories of storms that I used to have like 10 years ago, but I suppose that will happen.

It's funny how well you can remember storms that really had an impact on you. I can virtually remember every breath I took during 4/1/97, 1/22/05, and 12/9/05

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The huge bust on Feb 10-11, 2005 was definitely disappointing but as Scott said, it did change over to snow eventually after all that rain. I remember we ended up with about 6 inches here...but about 36 hours before the storm, it looked like we'd get about 1-2 feet of snow.

news stations showing dripping ice sculptures on new years eve...flowers blossoming in central park and MRG skiing: 2221845717_33871c071d.jpg

LOL...The only snow MRG sees is in the countless pictures of Alaska he posts that noone wants to see

What productive members of society you guys are. This is the nonsense you fill your days with. With any luck you'll both be back to perpetually being on the wrong side of the rain/snow line this Winter. I will take great satisfaction in posting lots of pics of yet another snowy Winter here in the highlands.

What productive members of society you guys are. This is the nonsense you fill your days with. With any luck you'll both be back to perpetually being on the wrong side of the rain/snow line this Winter. I will take great satisfaction in posting lots of pics of yet another snowy Winter here in the highlands.

:lol: this thread had me laughing quite hard today.

How about your castle...

We could barely get you Easterners to go to Northampton.

That's gotta be something to walk into. Imagine you open the door and surrounding you are pics of long haired men up to their navels in snow.

More like you open the door and you step on Barbie dolls and crayons. It won't be long before your house becomes a nursery so soon you'll understand. It's only a matter of time before you're in the crosshairs of a baby fever ravaged woman.lol There's no need to even resist, she will not be denied.

Just getting a priceless response like this from the Lion King(you) makes it all worth it.

Those pics of houses covered in sea ice are amazing. I think that first one is from Hull. I saw it first hand too in Marshfield. There was a block of homes on the water where people had to be rescued from windows because the doors were frozen shut. It took almost a half mile stretch of poles down and a roof collapsed iirc.

nice grab ginx.

that one of the pick up truck buried reminds me of some the reports that were coming out during and after that storm. the stretch of road in hyannis - technically it's RT 28 - that runs along the southern periphery of the airport is exposed to the NNE for a huge distance. supposedly a handful of cars got stranded there and were abandoned in the middle of the road (this happened all over the place) and it's a main thoroughfare for emergency vehicles to get to the hospital so they had front-end loaders in there apparently just lifting/plowing the cars out of the way. LOL.

nice grab ginx.

that one of the pick up truck buried reminds me of some the reports that were coming out during and after that storm. the stretch of road in hyannis - technically it's RT 28 - that runs along the southern periphery of the airport is exposed to the NNE for a huge distance. supposedly a handful of cars got stranded there and were abandoned in the middle of the road (this happened all over the place) and it's a main thoroughfare for emergency vehicles to get to the hospital so they had front-end loaders in there apparently just lifting/plowing the cars out of the way. LOL.

My favorite, of course, is the double drift at the Stop and Shop

nice grab ginx.

That was the cape's blizzard of '78....I'd imagine the sensible wx was comparable.......snow amounts were likely a bit lower because it moved faster, though.

That was the cape's blizzard of '78....I'd imagine the sensible wx was comparable.......snow amounts were likely a bit lower because it moved faster, though.

It would be awesome to have something like that hit again. I know we had a basin wide storm this year, but I mean something where we can see some crazy obs come from down by Phil's locale, all the way to ORH. I suppose it would kind of suck for CT though.

Archived