• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
We need to step it up

Ji

I understand having regional threads for storm discussions but why are the model threads split also? Only sometimes during big events when all the pro mets are on the board would that seem like a good idea, the rest of the time it might mean missing out on good analysis from someone that is out of the region. I understand its annoying with the trolls from one region trying to get on the nerves sometimes but it never bothered me much and it was a small price to pay for great analysis from some of the Philly area and NYC area mets.

its retarded...the general board now is garbage. I have to go to the Philly board to get a good Euro thread and you are right, there are no more general model threads. I miss the old days

Splitting the threads into regions puts your area at a disadvantage also I would think because it seems like there are more mets on the board in the Philly/NYC/New England areas then the mid atlantic. Especially during peak model times. Please I hope no one takes that as any sign of disrespect as we have some of the best analysis from individuals in this region. Just saying at times there is no one from our region online.

Splitting the threads into regions puts your area at a disadvantage also I would think because it seems like there are more mets on the board in the Philly/NYC/New England areas then the mid atlantic. Especially during peak model times. Please I hope no one takes that as any sign of disrespect as we have some of the best analysis from individuals in this region. Just saying at times there is no one from our region online.

their Euro threads have like an average of 100 plus replies. Ours has like 8-15 lol. I do like the regional forums but I would like to see a general model threads where mets from all regions post in like ORH,HM,etc

Maybe we're a slightly smarter bunch in that we don't waste our time posting about snow threats unless they are within the 120h forecast? Anything beyond 5 days out is a turkey shoot during winter, and should be largely disregarded. It astounds me how much people will talk about each individual model run when each different run provides a (sometimes radically) different solution that, in the end, will likely be wrong anyway.

Also, they have more posters.

I understand having regional threads for storm discussions but why are the model threads split also? Only sometimes during big events when all the pro mets are on the board would that seem like a good idea, the rest of the time it might mean missing out on good analysis from someone that is out of the region. I understand its annoying with the trolls from one region trying to get on the nerves sometimes but it never bothered me much and it was a small price to pay for great analysis from some of the Philly area and NYC area mets.

Ian and I are trying to change that. We hate the way the model threads are split now.

Good news tracker. Thanks. Would love to read a centralized model thread in general and then come back here to discuss it in MA. As it is, Tombo in the PA thread is a must stop for me right now because of his detailed model play by play. Even if they are fantasy land play by play, it is still compelling reading. In no small part because I am a 40-year-old snow weenie.

Would a separate forum for Model analysis work? Maybe put in hard and fast rules about IMBY and other annoying weenie habits being subject to a 24 hour ban?

I agree, this would seem like a good idea. A separate, general "Model Thread"...though perhaps it could even be split up by model type (GFS, NAM, ECMWF, etc.) unless that's getting too complicated. Also, perhaps such things as IMBY requests or unbridled wishcasting could be relegated to the regional forums. That kind of thing is going to go on anyhow (and I suspect most have done it at one time or another to some extent), and while it's annoying perhaps it would be less so if it's confined to a particular regional forum and not in a model thread discussion. Maybe warn or temporarily ban someone for excessive IMBY/wishcast comments if they do it in the model threads during actual events, if they don't take it to a regional forum?

Heh...we could even add a special "weenie" thread specifically for IMBY requests and wishcasting when there is an event going on! And you get banned if you do not ask for an IMBY amount!!:arrowhead::lmao:

Morning folks,

I read all of your concerns and am new to the midatlantic thread. Doing work in your area N Va. I'm starting to follow your threads with the hopes of some insight to the local weather people and the folks that follow the weather hard. I want to thank you all for the work you do and the good insight you will give me on this thread. you might see some of our trucks plowing streets in N.Va. so if you do please send me a note as I'd love to here from my neighbors to the north.

And of course the very FIRST model thread in the main forum turns into a 40N discussion. Awesome!!!

Give it a chance.

Mitch steered it toward a 40S discussion. Wes is in there. Its a general forum, so there is going to be a mix of stuff there. I really didn't see it favoring one region over another

Morning folks,

I read all of your concerns and am new to the midatlantic thread. Doing work in your area N Va. I'm starting to follow your threads with the hopes of some insight to the local weather people and the folks that follow the weather hard. I want to thank you all for the work you do and the good insight you will give me on this thread. you might see some of our trucks plowing streets in N.Va. so if you do please send me a note as I'd love to here from my neighbors to the north.

+1 for living in Knightdale :D I lived 2 miles away from the Knightdale border (I was in Raleigh) and I worked in Knightdale. Awesome town.

Archived