joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Official Chesterfield Glen

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BAF hit 101F today. If the valley floor can get over 100 and Pete doesn't break 90, West Chesterfield is truly a magical place.

My prediction is a high of 90 (87@ 2k).

Well you can use the dry adiabatic lapse rate of 5.5F/1000ft. The magic of West Chesterfield comes from temperature measurements protected by foliage which this time of year will provide a few degrees cool bias.

84/72, a high of 91.2 (86 @ 2k), A hot day. The only saving grace was that the wind was strong and persistent throughout the day. Just finished 18, crushing drives and excellent spin with the short game. Best round of the season for me. First 90 degree day of the season. Really just isn't that bad.

Pete will not recognize the torch. Huge positive monthly departures en route!

Meh, it's July a few hot days are expected. It's all so short anyway. First frost isn't that far off and within 60 days the leaves will be turning in earnest. Enjoy the heat Joe. I'm having fun with it. Feels very healthy to work hard in the beating sun as long as you chug water.

84/72, a high of 91.2 (86 @ 2k), A hot day. The only saving grace was that the wind was strong and persistent throughout the day. Just finished 18, crushing drives and excellent spin with the short game. Best round of the season for me. First 90 degree day of the season. Really just isn't that bad.

Golf on a day like today must suck... dews more than the heat... but impressive wind, and that you went out and played

Similar high temp here (91.4)

Meh, it's July a few hot days are expected. It's all so short anyway. First frost isn't that far off and within 60 days the leaves will be turning in earnest. Enjoy the heat Joe. I'm having fun with it. Feels very healthy to work hard in the beating sun as long as you chug water.

I love it, it makes you feel alive!

Golf on a day like today must suck... dews more than the heat... but impressive wind, and that you went out and played

Similar high temp here (91.4)

No way, totally fun. The ball compresses so much and comes off the club face hot. Great fun. Adaptability is the hallmark of the human species. The heat didn't seem that bad to me. I can deal with a day or two like this. The vast majority of the year is cool/cold so a few days of this putrid weather is tolerable.

I like to make the best of bad situations. This weather is fun because of it's novelty. It would get old fast for me though. If I never saw another 90 degree day in my life that would be fine.

Congrats on your torch.

Thanks!lol It's been a long time coming. 90+ is a torch in my book. I'm going to sit in front of the fan and watch ski videos from this winter to celebrate.

That sounds in line with what we saw up here at those elevations... 87F for a high at the 2,100ft Bolton Valley station along the Green Mountain Spine.

I like to make the best of bad situations. This weather is fun because of it's novelty. It would get old fast for me though. If I never saw another 90 degree day in my life that would be fine.

That's the way I'm thinking about it... the novelty of feeling *this hot* is something we don't experience very often. September isn't far off and with it come the threat of first flakes on the mountain top with that first sub 0C H85 cold blast.

That's the way I'm thinking about it... the novelty of feeling *this hot* is something we don't experience very often. September isn't far off and with it come the threat of first flakes on the mountain top with that first sub 0C H85 cold blast.

Won't be long. Counting the days.

Hey I drove 3 hours west to near ROC and then 3 hours back in 90+ wx with broken a/c in the car. Wow that was refreshing. :devilsmiley:

Crazy day out there yesterday, blue skies, minimal haze but 98-100 in most places and a stiff wind with that heat. It was like a heat wind as if someone was aiming a hair dryer at you.

BAF hit 101F today. If the valley floor can get over 100 and Pete doesn't break 90, West Chesterfield is truly a magical place.

My prediction is a high of 90 (87@ 2k).

Pretty close yesterday. Today I'll go with a high of 93 (89@ 2k). We'll see how I do.

Archived