• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Official Chesterfield Glen

Baroclinic Zone

PSF hit 92 earlier. He will. Maybe 93 was too high but Chester Hill at 1400 feet is at 92.0F. The valley floor near him (BAF) is at 101F and rising. He will get to at least 90, imo.

Even if he lived at 2000 ft that would only be 10 degrees cooler, so, yeah no way anyone avoids 90 today unless you're on the immediate shore.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

might just be me, but i don't think pete minds being honest about reaching 90F. if he did, he'll say it i think.

Chester Hill made it to 93.3, so he is probably close to that.

2K was probably 90 or 91... he would admit it, but say no big deal, which it wasn't

The afternoon here has really been ok, 400 feet lower than his house

might just be me, but i don't think pete minds being honest about reaching 90F. if he did, he'll say it i think.

sure he would if he sees it he'll post it.

86/62, a high of 92 (86 @ 2k), a hot day. DP's have dropped a bit. There was still a busy wind today but it wasn't as cooling as yesterday. Full throttle heat for these parts. Challenging but fun to work in. Thanks for the vote of confidence Phil.lol It is what it is, a few hot days in the middle of summer.

86/62, a high of 92 (86 @ 2k), a hot day. DP's have dropped a bit. There was still a busy wind today but it wasn't as cooling as yesterday. Full throttle heat for these parts. Challenging but fun to work in. Thanks for the vote of confidence Phil.lol It is what it is, a few hot days in the middle of summer.

wow, downright cool up there, all time records set down here, I am loving it, going back to the beach for some margs and a swim, great little watering hole around the corner!

wow, downright cool up there, all time records set down here, I am loving it, going back to the beach for some margs and a swim, great little watering hole around the corner!

We just went for a swim at the stream. A nice deep pool that you can do cannonballs into from the rocks above.lol The water is heart attack cold when you hit it but feels awesome after your in. It's fun to have a little heatwave but I'm more than ready for football and frost.

Chester Hill made it to 93.3, so he is probably close to that.

2K was probably 90 or 91... he would admit it, but say no big deal, which it wasn't

The afternoon here has really been ok, 400 feet lower than his house

Yesterday was exceedingly hot and humid but it was totally bearable because of the strong wind all day. Today the wind was more like a scirocco.

We just went for a swim at the stream. A nice deep pool that you can do cannonballs into from the rocks above.lol The water is heart attack cold when you hit it but feels awesome after your in. It's fun to have a little heatwave but I'm more than ready for football and frost.

Sounds great, our watering hole is brakish water, where a fresh water stream flows into long island sound, jump off the bridge in southport (only at high tide) but its great, so so so relaxing! Kids love it, mom and dad can have a bite to eat a marg and jump in too.

Have a great weekend Pete, viva la sizzle.

Sounds great, our watering hole is brakish water, where a fresh water stream flows into long island sound, jump off the bridge in southport (only at high tide) but its great, so so so relaxing! Kids love it, mom and dad can have a bite to eat a marg and jump in too.

Have a great weekend Pete, viva la sizzle.

You to Joe. Looks like we might actualy have a football season. Can't wait to see the Bills stomp the Jets.

Hot over there... :devilsmiley: 88 was the high here .,..now 86.

Here, the place this particular thread is dedicated for. Is the heat inducing disorientation Scoob?

No but on the subject of your posted readings I find it interesting that at the mesonet site at Bennington (2400') they report the same reading (86) as you do about 25 miles south and 400 ft lower in elevation at your jobsite. Maybe there's a meteorological explanation but what you report does seem a bit incongruous wouldn't you agree ?

No but on the subject of your posted readings I find it interesting that at the mesonet site at Bennington (2400') they report the same reading (86) as you do about 25 miles south and 400 ft lower in elevation at your jobsite. Maybe there's a meteorological explanation but what you report does seem a bit incongruous wouldn't you agree ?

Well, Peru, just a few miles from the site and 200+' lower notched an 87 for the high. . Powderfreak farther north reported similar highs. You try very hard. A for effort.

nah scoob

Pete is straight up. Enjoy the sizzle bitches.

Simple. Please refer to the latter half of post 742 in the heat obs. thread.

Taking your cues from a teenager. Tsk tsk. It's one thing to object to my provincial proclivity but it's quite another to call into question my honesty. You have tried in vain to "catch" me falsely reporting temps. There is a good reason you have been unsuccessful, I don't lie. Furthermore, what a vacant existence one would have to join a weather forum only to alter obs. I'm not sure what the motivation would be. I mean, it's obvious that life here on the east slope is far superior to dwelling in the urbanized tracts of SNE so that's off the table. Perhaps your childhood aspirations of growing up to be a crime fighting super hero are manifesting themselves now in this bizarre fixation with my obs. Why no response to the Peru obs I posted as a retort to your challenge? Again, yesterday the high here at my house was 92 and 86 at 2k. Do you think this is false?

Oo!

A squabble thread. My favorite kind.

Except this one is marred by an unprovoked, unpleasant and un-neccesary accusation against a stalwart fellow here who has no more reason to fib about his observations from the mountaintops of Central New England than does the blistered and charred cinder of Balmer, Blizzy- who doesn't fabricate from the low massifs of Southern New England.

Now don't read me wrong here. People may think that my comparison of the two most prolific posters here tars MSG as a prevaricator of the sort some here think Blizzy is.

MSG is no fabulist. He, like blizzy, is reporting as he best can. His observations are well accompanied by the taunts and harries the bog-settlers, macadam mansionists and tenemented miasmists of the heated plains well deserve.

So a chubby-cheeked sport-shaver of an internet detectdick is affronted by MSG's jeers from above, snaps in the his homely squalor, adjusts the sodden elasto-band of his computing uniform and pecks out a mulish gotcha while hot Russian milfs download in his other window. Buzz off, kid.

Now, about this "God's Country" meme that has taken form here due to constant repitition (edit- repetition) and, nothing else....

The Creator of Heaven and Earth, God, surely loves the heights of Central NE without limit. How could He not? He made it Himself! But then you ask- "Why then did God make such places as say, Hartford or Taunton???" What kind of God would do such a thing to his greatest achievement, Man?

Here is why the God who can create miracles in the Berkshires can also create Nashua- He is all-loving. God loves the Eagle as much as he does the louse. We lowly humans will just never be able to understand why.

This should bring comfort to the asphalt afflicted asthmatics of Abington. God loves you as much as he does MSG.

It's just that the way he shows it is un-knowable to us.

Vim Toot!

BTW- Yesterday Caribou's low temp was 62. High temp was 81. A bit warm.

Taking your cues from a teenager. Tsk tsk. It's one thing to object to my provincial proclivity but it's quite another to call into question my honesty. You have tried in vain to "catch" me falsely reporting temps. There is a good reason you have been unsuccessful, I don't lie. Furthermore, what a vacant existence one would have to join a weather forum only to alter obs. I'm not sure what the motivation would be. I mean, it's obvious that life here on the east slope is far superior to dwelling in the urbanized tracts of SNE so that's off the table. Perhaps your childhood aspirations of growing up to be a crime fighting super hero are manifesting themselves now in this bizarre fixation with my obs. Why no response to the Peru obs I posted as a retort to your challenge? Again, yesterday the high here at my house was 92 and 86 at 2k. Do you think this is false?

!

WOW ! "It's obvious that life here on the east slope is FAR SUPERIOR to dwelling in the urbanized tracts of SNE". That may be the most condescending post you have ever made, which is quite an acheivement in itself.Just think a mere 28.4 miles to my northwest lies the town of West Chesterfield, Ma. aka Shangri-La. You have so piqued my curiosity about this magical place that it might be worth a Sunday drive to view firsthand what you have posted about it. At that point I can decide for myself what you modestly describe as "God's Country" really fits that description or should more aptly be described as some Godforesaken place in the middle of nowhere.

Archived