• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
00z GFS

Ji

Its interesting that it holds it over from 18z, but beyond that...meh. Remember the GFS has had at 180+ hour HECS for every run. THe problem is, it doesn't move from that time frame.

before the 18z GFS run, the GFS the past 3 days was showing cold and dry though 384(hence my complaint thread)..but for the first time this season---its showing some potential

Its interesting that it holds it over from 18z, but beyond that...meh. Remember the GFS has had at 180+ hour HECS for every run. THe problem is, it doesn't move from that time frame.

the problem is, its a Miller B with redevelopment off the SC/NC coast

how often has that happened in a Nina?

please, don't answer that <Wes> !

how often do we get 3 HECS in 62 days. I think Weather as we have known it has changed. Expect the unexpected

Sorry I'm not Wes.

There is no problem, the GFS is right where we want it at the surface 8 days out.

And 700mb would argue for a more westward surface track..

gfs_700_192s.gif

Sorry I'm not Wes.

There is no problem, the GFS is right where we want it at the surface 8 days out.

And 700mb would argue for a more westward surface track..

gfs_700_192s.gif

I guess my point was simply that Miller B's w/redevelopment off the SC/NC coast in a mod/strong NINA that hit us are really rare

can anyone remember one?

I don't, but I don't claim my memory to be perfect

it ain't like I don't want it to happen, it just looks a bit suspicious (but then anything in this time frame this year has to be looked at skeptically with model performance pretty abysmal)

I guess my point was simply that Miller B's w/redevelopment off the SC/NC coast in a mod/strong NINA that hit us are really rare

can anyone remember one?

I don't, but I don't claim my memory to be perfect

it ain't like I don't want it to happen, it just looks a bit suspicious (but then anything in this time frame this year has to be looked at skeptically with model performance pretty abysmal)

Nina is either super supressed or super phased. 2000 was a Nina I think, here's a supressed track

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/NARR/2000/us1203.php

The GFS, GGEM, and Euro all show a storm for the east coast in the 8-9 day range. The Euro is the warmest (mostly rain for the immediate east coast), the GGEM is in the middle, and the GFS is the coldest of the solutions. In these situations, I've found that if the Euro is warmer than other models and stays consistent for 2-3 runs it usually leads the way and other models cave in. I'm really hoping to see a colder solution from the Euro at 12Z today or by 00Z tomorrow.

MDstorm

Again showing 582DM over Greenland. Some serious global warming, or the GFS should not be run after 192!!!

Better there than just off the East Coast, of course! One of the most depressing things I saw a few years back was a closed 594 dm contour at 500 mb somewhere out over the Atlantic off the coast, during early January (think it was Jan 2007, but not sure).

Archived