Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY / North Country Winter 2010 Thread 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since a few folks have mentioned it, and it IS winter (didn't get much above freezing here today too!), here's the new thread....

Our last little storm certainly did some road damage, and tree damage. Here's hoping the next one is all snow Snowman.gif

Actually, it is still Fall, but it feels like winter.

It's looking like Montreal may see about 4" of snow Sunday into Tuesday, while Quebec City could see between 8-10". Unfortunately Ottawa just seems to be just that little bit too far west to get into anything - we're sandwiched between the lake effect to our west and the synoptic snow to our east. Looking on the bright side, it is looking fairly cold into the medium and longer range.

Nuisance --SN here all day today and the clouds have kept it very cold. Only 24.3F at noon... Nothing more than a heavy dusting though despite many hours of this stuff.

It's looking like Montreal may see about 4" of snow Sunday into Tuesday, while Quebec City could see between 8-10". Unfortunately Ottawa just seems to be just that little bit too far west to get into anything - we're sandwiched between the lake effect to our west and the synoptic snow to our east. Looking on the bright side, it is looking fairly cold into the medium and longer range.

Nuisance --SN here all day today and the clouds have kept it very cold. Only 24.3F at noon... Nothing more than a heavy dusting though despite many hours of this stuff.

Had to dodge 3 flakes on the way down the driveway to the mailbox this morning. Anxiously awaiting the 9-12 feet predicted by the long range Guru in Virginia :popcorn:

really nothing to report here so far other than a dusting

but at least the models are now showing that winter has established itself with some potential excitement thrown in.

Slightly more that nuisance snow (although there is really no such thing) here today. Woke up to an inch both today and yesterday. Enough on the ground for the kiddies to have some fun sledding.:snowman:

Yep it continues to aim for you...and you'll probably duplicate that again over the next few days. Hunter Mt. finally opened today I see.

25.3 here now with the light snow showers persistent. So it looks like this is the high for the day....maybe we nick 26.

Slightly more that nuisance snow (although there is really no such thing) here today. Woke up to an inch both today and yesterday. Enough on the ground for the kiddies to have some fun sledding.:snowman:

really nothing to report here so far other than a dusting

but at least the models are now showing that winter has established itself with some potential excitement thrown in.

The snow picked up in intensity in Ottawa about an hour ago. I'd guess we have about half an inch on the ground - better than nothing. EC is now calling for just flurries in Ottawa on Tuesday, but snow in Montreal on Monday night and Tuesday. I'm guessing they're thinking that the retrograding system doesn't quite make it as far west as Ottawa. I was kind of hoping for an event similar to New Years last year.

The snow picked up in intensity in Ottawa about an hour ago. I'd guess we have about half an inch on the ground - better than nothing. EC is now calling for just flurries in Ottawa on Tuesday, but snow in Montreal on Monday night and Tuesday. I'm guessing they're thinking that the retrograding system doesn't quite make it as far west as Ottawa. I was kind of hoping for an event similar to New Years last year.

the storm is retrograding at too far a north lattitude (and the block is not quite as strong), compared to last years event. nevertheless, some snow is better than nothing and periods of on and off light snow should continue for the next coupe days...., and it appears several snow chances are in our future, and indeed it is about to get a whole lot more active likely.

the storm is retrograding at too far a north lattitude (and the block is not quite as strong), compared to last years event. nevertheless, some snow is better than nothing and periods of on and off light snow should continue for the next coupe days...., and it appears several snow chances are in our future, and indeed it is about to get a whole lot more active likely.

Yes, as Logan said, it looks like some very cold air will soon be making its way into our region. Should hopefully start to freeze up the canal.

The 0Z gfs is certainly a nice improvement for Ottawa with the phantom low next Sunday/Monday. It has the threat of a changeover just about to Albany with a track into Southern NE now.

Welcome! Yes, it looks very Christmas-like out there. Now looking forward to both our first big snowstorm, as well as our first -20C air temperature reading.

Wow I don't think any of the ALB TV guys realize that much has fallen in the Catskills anywhere.

I have 2"+ here now and moderate snow in this more northerly plume that set up overnight. This is a pretty good shot of LES for here where it's tougher to come by. 19.8F

4" late yesterday and 4" more this morning. 10" total from this event. 6 miles away in Bloomville there is probably 3" total.

Wow I don't think any of the ALB TV guys realize that much has fallen in the Catskills anywhere.

I have 2"+ here now and moderate snow in this more northerly plume that set up overnight. This is a pretty good shot of LES for here where it's tougher to come by. 19.8F

Going an additional 2"-5" for you. (Thru evening today).

It's certainly hard to measure but I'd estimate maybe 4-5" total here.

Where are you? (If you wish to share your location, thanks!

Archived