Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
July 15-20 Severe Weather

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually looking at things a bit now, if anything thats going on currently gets to us down here, it will be the storms/complex in northern WI that will continue southeastward until it hits the instability gradient and follow that southward into southern WI/northern IL. These things in situations like this sometimes travel to the right a bit of the mean wind as well.

Yeah, the question is what happens when that complex in Northern Wisconsin joins up with the area of showers and isolated thunderstorms in WC Wisconsin? Does it form one big squall line or does it begin to fall apart?

Anyone have reports out of Berlin, ND? There are several folks posting on facebook about the town's condition, but I want to hear some concrete reports before I believe those rumors.

Just spoke with Jacob Thumberger who was streaming it as it wedged near there, he stated that it was huge but he did not see anything higher than EF1 maybe EF2 damage. Mostly power poles and trees. Said it was so big he couldn't see the edges of it.

Anyone have reports out of Berlin, ND? There are several folks posting on facebook about the town's condition, but I want to hear some concrete reports before I believe those rumors.

What are you hearing? I just know of the NWS report of significant house damage 2mi W of town which jives well with the radar from the time.

What are you hearing? I just know of the NWS report of significant house damage 2mi W of town which jives well with the radar from the time.

Couple folks on Facebook are reporting that the entire town is destroyed. I checked Google Earth and compared it with velocity data. According to that data, the tornado should have passed southwest of town where there are a few structures, but nothing compared to the density in town, so I'm not buying into the doom statement.

Having a bad day

0550 PM LIGHTNING SOLON SPRINGS 46.35N 91.82W

07/17/2011 DOUGLAS WI TRAINED SPOTTER

BARNES...LIGHTNING HIT BOAT LIFT CANOPY BURNED

BOAT...SHORTLY AFTER HOUSE HIT AND FIRE..

0550 PM LIGHTNING UPPER EAU CLAIRE LAKE 46.31N 91.48W

07/17/2011 BAYFIELD MN LAW ENFORCEMENT

LIGHTNING STRUCK TWO HOUSES...STARTING FIRES. ONE WAS ON

LAKE ROAD...AND ONE WAS ON ROBINSON LAKE ROAD. TIME IS

APPROXIMATE.

Hey guys, kind of a noob-ish question here...

But granted how strong and far-reaching the high pressure system is in the middle of the country, could it be dragging monsoonal moisture from the Eastern Pacific farther northeast than usual, IE into the plains and midwest, in addition to the Gulf of Mexico moisture? Could that somehow have an enhancing/energizing effect on the severity of storms?

The bowing line segment in NE Wisconsin is really trying to drift south as the MCS tries to push more east. It will be interesting to see which feature wins out.

Sound of the lawn chairs opening, sprinkler and margarita season commencing right now features win out. Congrats to the north AWT.. Not even going to bother worrying about anything to the W/NW.

It's hard to believe the complex in East Central Wisconsin hung in there long enough that it's going to hit Oshkosh. It's certainly making its way further south than I thought. We'll probably get a near miss or near hit here.

What are we hoping for now? I was hoping/thinking we could sneak into some of round 1 rains at least to the north but that's out for me.

high of 95 should of been a red flag earlier to me that we were getting squatted on with the stuff to the north.

What are we hoping for now? I was hoping/thinking we could sneak into some of round 1 rains at least to the north but that's out for me.

Well, since you said you wanted to stay away from the storms you better hope that small complex in WC Minnesota doesn't grow or maintain/intensify. For me, I'll probably get a short period of showers/t'storms with this first batch, and sleep while wondering what that Minnesota complex does.

Well, since you said you wanted to stay away from the storms you better hope that small complex in WC Minnesota doesn't grow or maintain/intensify. For me, I'll probably get a short period of showers/t'storms with this first batch, and sleep while wondering what that Minnesota complex does.

aight, thanks, I'll keep a drunken eye to the west. But give up on round 1.. we be not getting none of that unless we get some of the red headed stepchild stuff to its sw which will prob miss us south :scooter:

looking like $ man living on the southern end of bago gets boned even.

aight, thanks, I'll keep a drunken eye to the west. But give up on round 1.. we be not getting none of that unless we get some of the red headed stepchild stuff to its sw which will prob miss us south :scooter:

looking like $ man living on the southern end of bago gets boned even.

Yeah, I know. Right as I was postinfg the last couple of posts I started giving up on it, as it swings more easterly. Just going to have to hope for the few hundredths to tenth of an inch we might get with the weaker southern part.

Archived