• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
June/July NYC Metro Wx Discussion

Dark Energy

This is awful...whoever wished for this weather should be banned.

LOL here's a clue for all of us weather lovers..... these forums are dead as door knobs when the weather is boring. 100 degree weather is historic and is something people remember for years to come..... not this BS weather.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is fall weather. I hate this.

Loving it...high of 64.5F, 63/57 right now with overcast skies. Had a light blanket on last night in the cool basement, wonderful change from the brutal heat wave. Hope the below normal pattern keeps up but with more sunshine. We haven't broken 70F in a while here in Westchester, and I'm not too concerned.

Loving it...high of 64.5F, 63/57 right now with overcast skies. Had a light blanket on last night in the cool basement, wonderful change from the brutal heat wave. Hope the below normal pattern keeps up but with more sunshine. We haven't broken 70F in a while here in Westchester, and I'm not too concerned.

Haha, I have a feeling you would love Maine-- plenty of snow all winter and no heat in the summer. I dont know about you, but I easily get used to heat lol-- I had my heater on the last couple of days.

Haha, I have a feeling you would love Maine-- plenty of snow all winter and no heat in the summer. I dont know about you, but I easily get used to heat lol-- I had my heater on the last couple of days.

I like Vermont better...more progressive, much higher annual snowfall (in the Northern Greens), less chance of mixing from maritime influence on storms with surface flow out of the east. Aroostook County does have some awesome weather spots, however.

I was just about to say what Alex posted, you'd be more suited to VT/NH/ME climate. Today's wx is akin to 70 degree warmth in January for me, but I didn't let that stop me from going in the pool this afternoon. Actually not too bad as winds are very light.

I think our summer patterns are perfect; usually we don't get heat for more than 3-5 days before a cold front swings through. Only the hottest summers feature 1-2 week stretches of extreme heat, even those have cool downs. Summer to me should be warm/humid dominate occasionally interspersed with cooler days. DCA southwestward would be too brutal for me, and BOS area northward is too cool in summer for my liking.

I like Vermont better...more progressive, much higher annual snowfall (in the Northern Greens), less chance of mixing from maritime influence on storms with surface flow out of the east. Aroostook County does have some awesome weather spots, however.

Caribou ME FTW-- no allergies :)

I think our summer patterns are perfect; usually we don't get heat for more than 3-5 days before a cold front swings through. Only the hottest summers feature 1-2 week stretches of extreme heat, even those have cool downs. Summer to me should be warm/humid dominate occasionally interspersed with cooler days. DCA southwestward would be too brutal for me, and BOS area northward is too cool in summer for my liking.

I would pick hot/dry over warm/humid..... there is just something really icky about humidity lol. Nate likes northern NE climate, I like Arizona climate lol-- I wouldn't mind Flagstaff winters coupled with Yuma summers :)

Tomorrow looks so awesome. NAM got warmer..more in line with the GFS 82-83 degree mark.

Also has salvaged the rest of the week with some rain overnight Thursday into Friday but highs in the upper 70s both days.

Where? Just looked at 18z NAM soundings and it lowered the temps for NYC by a couple degrees.

sun was out until 1 or so but I knew by the cloud types earlier in the sky that showers would be coming in. We managed to pretty much get a full day in but did get rained on for our last two lawns and had to take a 15 minute break but no big deal

I like hearing that the signal for heat release is being heard long range

Archived