mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
June/July NYC Metro Wx Discussion

Dark Energy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you explain the significance of what you are showing. thanks.

It essentially is acting as a natural boundary which is providing a lifting mechanism for convection. This parameter has a direct relationship with areas of convergence. Provided it's still early today and we haven't seen much sun, there probably is not much in the way of surface based instability, but probably there is some elevated CAPE which is helping out a bit.

hmm.. I think my rain guage is clogged.. it's stopped raining for a while, but I'm still adding to the total. Looks like it will be over an inch. I have to clear the debris.. I was wondering why the rainfall rates were rather low.

those storms really developed along the ct/ny border.

<b></b>yup, the heaviest stuff is like a mile south of me. oh well.<b></b>
<b></b><b></b><b></b>Really.. I figured you'd get this too.. It was hovering just north of me for a while.. It was funny... My wife was on the phone with her parents.. They are like 2 miles north in Bardonia.. It was pouring there and doing nothing here

<b></b><b></b><b></b>Really.. I figured you'd get this too.. It was hovering just north of me for a while.. It was funny... My wife was on the phone with her parents.. They are like 2 miles north in Bardonia.. It was pouring there and doing nothing here

I missed the heaviest of the first batch this morning too....I think we got hit again right after, but I was down in the Bronx playing softball (no thunder there, but we got dumped on for a brief time).

Archived