mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
June/July NYC Metro Wx Discussion

Dark Energy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Average high at EWR is only 82. Considering it was 102 a few weeks ago, this is nothing to get upset about. In June 09 it didn't even crack 90.

LOL I think he meant all these yucky overcast skies. Summer is supposed to be about sunshine! :)

terrible post

If you work outside the past few days it has been off and on rain,clear skys, then over-cast. To try and cut 35 lawns with off and on t-storms is not my idea of nice weather. Compared what we had in the start of the month, this week has not been then great. If this is a summer like week, then dont worry about ur lawns drying up.

If you work outside the past few days it has been off and on rain,clear skys, then over-cast. To try and cut 35 lawns with off and on t-storms is not my idea of nice weather. Compared what we had in the start of the month, this week has not been then great. If this is a summer like week, then dont worry about ur lawns drying up.

as a fellow landscaper I will agree with you. Yes temps are not all that bad BUT sky conditions have been pretty poor the last 10-14 days. We are not getting any full sun days...the best days are just partly sunny, there is seemingly a rain chance everyday even if it does not rain and far too many milky cloudy late afternoons.

Luckily IMBY we did not get any rain yesterday and today it was very light pesky rain that didnt prevent us from cutting and then about a 40 minute shower which happened right around lunch so we didnt miss any time.

Its time this summer started to kick into gear, the weekends have not been all that great, this weekend looks like another so so with some sun but still too many clouds and the treat of showers once again on Saturday

This heat ridge better kick in quick like

Your lawn is not a factor in whether or not this pattern resembles July of 2009. The pattern is nothing like that..the days have not been as cool as you're making them seem with the overcast/dreary description. It's been partly sunny, some overcast days, still running above average for the month. July 2009 averaged something like 2 degrees below average here..and we were lucky to hit 90 F. There is no comparison to be made.

as a fellow landscaper I will agree with you. Yes temps are not all that bad BUT sky conditions have been pretty poor the last 10-14 days. We are not getting any full sun days...the best days are just partly sunny, there is seemingly a rain chance everyday even if it does not rain and far too many milky cloudy late afternoons.

Luckily IMBY we did not get any rain yesterday and today it was very light pesky rain that didnt prevent us from cutting and then about a 40 minute shower which happened right around lunch so we didnt miss any time.

Its time this summer started to kick into gear, the weekends have not been all that great, this weekend looks like another so so with some sun but still too many clouds and the treat of showers once again on Saturday

This heat ridge better kick in quick like

Thankyou....thats it in a nut-shell....its so easy to sit in elko or from a iphone in scotch plains and say it was not that bad today, yet those that work outside(not saying those two dont work) it has not been ideal or summer like conditions this week...except for monday. I believe last friday we had crappy weather with rain also...Thats what made my 09 remark not temps, but on and off shower and trying to get cuts in brought me back to this time....

Im glad you did not get rain on, wed we got hit in the morning then again in the afternoon. Today the lawns where high and swampy, with a low fog deck in the air for most of the day. Around 12 we cut through a shower....then the 2pm storm pretty much stop us. Sucks when you have a wedding to be at in Mass 2morrow evening.......hope we stay dry over night.

Your lawn is not a factor in whether or not this pattern resembles July of 2009. The pattern is nothing like that..the days have not been as cool as you're making them seem with the overcast/dreary description. It's been partly sunny, some overcast days, still running above average for the month. July 2009 averaged something like 2 degrees below average here..and we were lucky to hit 90 F. There is no comparison to be made.

Still think we hit 90 this week?

I agree with you John about this not being anything like 2009, but the issue Im having with this summer (so far) is that the highs aren't really matching those of a truly hot summer (you know my guidelines for a hot summer), but since it's still June we've got plenty of time. I really don't like all this awful cloudcover we've had the last couple of days, but if it's transient then it will be a distant memory soon enough. I just hope July and August are hot as hell. Give me a 1980 repeat please :P

I agree with you John about this not being anything like 2009, but the issue Im having with this summer (so far) is that the highs aren't really matching those of a truly hot summer (you know my guidelines for a hot summer), but since it's still June we've got plenty of time.

Yes, agreed. Good time for me to clarify I am not saying this has been an anomalously hot late spring. But a comparison to 2009 should not even really be brought into play.

Yes, agreed. Good time for me to clarify I am not saying this has been an anomalously hot late spring. But a comparison to 2009 should not even really be brought into play.

Yes, and the summer (edit I mean met summer lol) so far has been fine in terms of having warmth, you cant really ask for much more than this in June lol. Hopefully we get a lot more sunshine starting this weekend and continuing onwards. Let the real games begin in early July! ;)

Also, if you want to go further on the 2009 comparison...here's the hard data.

30 day period 2009 from May 23-June 23: -3

30 day period 2011 from May 34-June 23 +4.5

The poster specifically stated 'July 2009' in comparison to the recent weather

July 2009: -5

Last 14 days: +2

Archived