EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
June/July NYC Metro Wx Discussion

Dark Energy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newark appears on the verge of setting their record for the earliest 100 degree reading ever.

Ray, Newark missed doing it yesterday by one degree.... but Teterboro did hit 100 yesterday so I guess you can say that yesterday's 100 was NE NJ's earliest 100 degree reading ever. Teterboro will probably make it back to back days.

There is a 10 degree MOS difference for tomorrows high temperatures...a total mess between the NAM and GFS. The GFS has highs reaching into the low to mid 80's while the NAM barely scrapes the low 70's...in fact the NAM is around 70 at NYC and EWR while the GFS has 83.

just like the winter when the nam shows 16 inches of snow when the gfs only shows 4 the night before the snowstorm. lol

i hope the gfs is right for tomorrow

Looks like the heat builds back in around the 20th on the 12z gfs

this weather sucks right now, bring back the 80's/90's and sunshine

That is good news I would take it any day over a suppose noreaster on Friday like mikehobbyist is saying and the 60's we had the last two days with east to northeast winds.

the euro looks hot after day 7

It reached 70 F today which was better than yesterday. Tomorrow will be nice with a NW flow but Tuesday will another cool nasty day with E/NE flow and a showery day with cut-off Low with temps mainly in the 60's and Wednesday will better where it will be back in the 70's and Thursday looks beautiful day with highs in the 70's and low humidity. Friday looks we could have another warm front hanging to our south and storm system riding along it with showers and below normal temps that day. Next weekend looks be nice and Sunday look like it could finally get back near 80 F finally. Here are my call for the temps for NYC for the entire week.

Monday: 74- Mostly Sunny with NW flow

Tuesday: 68- Showers with Cut-off Low and E/NE flow (Worse day of the Week)

Wednesday: 73 Nicer Day

Thursday: 76 Beautiful with Low Humidity

Friday: 70 Showers with another possible cut-off low or hung up warm front to the south with E/NE flow

Saturday: 75 Clearing /depends on if and when the Cut-Off Low exits

Sunday: 80 Warming Trend with ridge builiding.

It reached 70 F today which was better than yesterday. Tomorrow will be nice with a NW flow but Tuesday will another cool nasty day with E/NE flow and a showery day with cut-off Low with temps mainly in the 60's and Wednesday will better where it will be back in the 70's and Thursday looks beautiful day with highs in the 70's and low humidity. Friday looks we could have another warm front hanging to our south and storm system riding along it with showers and below normal temps that day. Next weekend looks be nice and Sunday look like it could finally get back near 80 F finally. Here are my call for the temps for NYC for the entire week.

Monday: 74- Mostly Sunny with NW flow

Tuesday: 68- Showers with Cut-off Low and E/NE flow (Worse day of the Week)

Wednesday: 73 Nicer Day

Thursday: 78 Beautiful with Low Humidity

Friday: 70 Showers with Hung up warm front to south with E flow

Saturday: 75 Clearing Up with NW Flow and Low Humidity

Sunday: 80 Warming Trend with ridge builiding.

for those in Jersey tack on about 5 degrees each day

Take a look at the NAM it has low 60's for Wednesday ouch. I don't buy though and it might of been right for the last two days but this models tends to have a cold bias and I bet by the weekend and by when the warm up period begins it is going to ruined it and say 60's. By Wednesday it has no precipation in the area and the wind becomes more N/NW oppose to E/NE. Tuesday will be the chilly day. The GFS I bet will be more reliable for the next several days.

haha that could very well be the ugliest sounding ive ever seen

yeah that's just ridiculously awful...the convection died off before it even got near my house. not a single flash of lightning or a drop of rain. totally expected given that abortion of a sounding from okx. doesn't really matter how much upper or mid level jet support you have with that kind of profile.

Archived