• Created
  • Last Reply

NAM continues to get colder.

Off 6z NAM for NYC:

Today - High of 74, low of 59

Sat - High of 75, low of 61

Sun - High of 69, low of 58

Mon - Highs in the upper 60's

And extrapolating, it would continue a few days after also.

Too cold for june :(

Mid to upper 70's are fine and are exactly normal for this time of year. But NAM is advertising 60's for highs. That I agree is too cold for early to mid June. I hope NAM is overdoing the extent of the cold.

When are they forecasting 60s? My guess is today is the only day that doesn't reach 80 in EWR and even that may not happen.

Mid to upper 70's are fine and are exactly normal for this time of year. But NAM is advertising 60's for highs. That I agree is too cold for early to mid June. I hope NAM is overdoing the extent of the cold.

When are they forecasting 60s? My guess is today is the only day that doesn't reach 80 in EWR and even that may not happen.

That was off the 6z NAM.

12z NAM came in even colder.

Has highs only in the mid 60's now for Sunday and upper 60's for Monday.

bring back the heat. but I can wait until July so that when the ridge builds we get triple digits.

There it is, earthlight calls for 100+ temps for the entire forecast area for the entire month of July. Will bump this at the end of July for verification.

There it is, earthlight calls for 100+ temps for the entire forecast area for the entire month of July. Will bump this at the end of July for verification.

the next get together will be at zuckers mountain lodge where we can all experience heat without air conditioning and live like the pioneers did. hope you're excited to drink a nice piss warm bud light.

NAM continues to get colder.

Off 6z NAM for NYC:

Today - High of 74, low of 59

Sat - High of 75, low of 61

Sun - High of 69, low of 58

Mon - Highs in the upper 60's

And extrapolating, it would continue a few days after also.

I really hate this model and the NAM tends to have a cold bias. It showed most of the area getting down in the 40's last night and never did. This past winter it was like that also the NAM.

Hopefully it gets colder.

Why is everybody buying this model I really hate this model and if it could stay chilly if we get a east or northeast wind. The GFS has low 70's with some upper 60's on Sunday and bit warmer for Monday. I remember back in early April the NAM wanted to bring big snows for NYC and LI. That is how much of a cold bias this model and bet it will bring next 40's for highs for Sunday and Monday. I hate this model so much.

100+ degrees definitely makes a summer much more memorable than this boring crap we're having right now lol.

In July and August is the peak of the thunderstorm season for NYC and LI. I loving the slow moving thunderstorms the best because there is prolong period of thunder and lightning and great heavy rain producers but alot time they screw area when they move from South to North direction. Usually the hit LI the best when they move from NW to SE from a Mullti-Cell or Squall line. By late September into the fall we then get less thunderstorm activity and more of this low-top convention along cold front call Narrow Cold Frontal Rainbands (NCFR). Alot of times they bring Severe Thunderstorm Warnings because they bring winds more than 58 mph down to the surface but there is almost always little to no lightning with it. Occasionally they could even bring small tornadoes which really they are called gustnadoes and think the event that happen in Septmeber of 2003 in NJ that a few tornadoes that had no thunder and lightning. There was several events similar that happen that fall and I think another gustando happened in Staten Island with low-topped convention (NCFR) with it. On radar it usually looks like a very thin line of thunderstorms but it is along a cold frontal rainband that alot times brings down strong winds that sometimes prompts severe thunderstorms warning but has no thunder and lightning with it. Sometime true thunderstorms do happen in the fall too. One positive thing about getting a NCFR that is leads to a pattern to winter and remember event happen last year on 12/1 that bring the pattern to winter which eventually led to the blizzard by the end of the month.

idk about July man..... as long as I've lived here, July has been a pretty dry month. You get the odd cool summers with rainy July's but even when there's thunderstorm activity in the area in July it always seems to skip this area.

I hope we don't get 100 F either but I don't chilly weather either. I will take 70's and 80's every single day with a day or two near 90 F and for when severe thunderstorms chance then some days with dewpoints in the 60's. Check the 12z GFS that it has the area back into the 80's with moderate levels of humidity returning and maybe some thunderstorm chances. I can't get the Euro I am wondering what that says for the next 7-10 days. 12z NAM good part time overdoes the cold and tends to have a cold bias alot time and I still think we could have one day with temps only getting into the 60's which I think Sunday will be the day with an East wind and possible showers that day. Monday or Tuesday a warm front will come through warms things up again.

idk about July man..... as long as I've lived here, July has been a pretty dry month. You get the odd cool summers with rainy July's but even when there's thunderstorm activity in the area in July it always seems to skip this area.

They usually I see hit your area in Valley Steam but screw my area alot when they move from either South to North direction or Southwest to Northeast direction but get hit alot when they from Northwest to Southeast and maintain strength their most of time. Also sometime LI do get a sea breeze front that sometime causes thunderstorms and that happens every once in a while similar what goes down in Florida. They sometimes become severe as well.

I really hate this model and the NAM tends to have a cold bias. It showed most of the area getting down in the 40's last night and never did. This past winter it was like that also the NAM.

No it didn't. It had NYC lows into mid 50's and that's what occured. It had upper 40's to low 50's for Hudson Valley north. Not for coastal areas.

No it didn't. It had NYC lows into mid 50's and that's what occured. It had upper 40's to low 50's for Hudson Valley north. Not for coastal areas.

I checked it and it did had mid to upper 40's near Islip and got down to the mid 50's instead and near 50 F near the Hamptons oppose to lower to mid 40's. Even few days ago it got really strong on the back door cold front which temps was even cooler.

DGEX has a big event for early next week

f120.gif

I hope those are not highs because no way highs nearby will be in the 40's. This is insane right there but on the other hand if this will lead to transition to more summer weather patter we may deal with one painfully chilly rain day with highs struggle to 60 F and perhaps may some location not get out of the 50's with possible noreaster like system. As much I hate noreasters in the warm season if it would lead a transition to summer weather pattern then I would take it.

Archived