wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Atlantic Tropical Action 2011 - Part II

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They really replaced Rita with Rina? Not much of a difference lol

It just keeps getting worse. Rina isn't even a ****ing name. It's a sound your dog makes when it's hurling on the carpet.

Rina is a name of Hebrew origin that is uncommon in the US but more common in Israel. It means joy or gladness.

I actually have a client named Rina. Actually, she's not my client, but my client's receptionist. I believe she is Indian (like, her parents are from India).

Rina is a name of Hebrew origin that is uncommon in the US but more common in Israel. It means joy or gladness.

Interesting. I'm wondering if it has multiple origins, because the Rina I know would definitely not have a Hebrew-based name.

Anyhoo... How strange that they picked a name so close to the previous one.

P.S. Nice to see you popping in here.

Josh, where exactly you living now?

Josh's jet set lifestyle of champagne wishes and caviar dreams currently has him in Eastern Europe, but I believe he will be close to LAX in West Ho by Florida destruction season.

He is well positioned for any Arabian Sea action.

abiosair.jpg

Josh, where exactly you living now?

Hey, Tony-- what's up? Long time no see.

I'm kind of dividing my time between L.A. and Prague. (It's because of work-- when our Europe office gets crazy busy, I come back over to this side.) I've been in Prague all winter and spring, but I'm about to go back to L.A.-- woo hoo!

Hey, Tony-- what's up? Long time no see.

I'm kind of dividing my time between L.A. in Prague. (It's because of work-- when our Europe office gets crazy busy, I come back over to this side.) I've been in Prague all winter and spring, but I'm about to go back to L.A.-- woo hoo!

No Omani sidetrip? Cyclone chasing in a camel caravan, you'd get a show on TWC or Discovery like that.

Continuing the Camille discussion from the previous thread, I have to agree with Josh on the roughly 145 kt landfall on the Mississippi Delta region.

I found a rare satellite image which I cleared up via a photo-editor.

post-442-0-93735000-1307021907.jpg

post-442-0-61368800-1307021918.jpg

Clearly Hurricane Camille had a Charley-type influence and was likely coiled up in-part due to the trough pulling in to it's north. Also, the radar image shows a very solid tiny eyewall, and 909 mb with a tiny eyewall like that makes me think it held Category 5. Also note the motion was not due north ala Ivan or Katrina, but rather west-northwest turning north-northwest at landfall.

I actually think 93L may close off a surface low before landfall and technically be a TD or STD, but I'm rather certain the 53rd's tasking is cancelled and its all academic.

Fast motion won't help any in developing West winds South of the center, but this high def satellite, it looks like its trying.

Well, it has a tiny, tiny chance....

Plus the Caribbean gets a shout out

NOUS42 KNHC 021445

WEATHER RECONNAISSANCE FLIGHTS

CARCAH, NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER, MIAMI, FL.

1045 AM EDT THU 02 JUNE 2011

SUBJECT: TROPICAL STORM STORM PLAN OF THE DAY (TSPOD)

VALID 03/1100Z TO 04/1100Z JUNE 2011

WSPOD NUMBER.....11-002

I. ATLANTIC REQUIREMENTS

1. SUSPECT AREA -- GULF OF MEXICO

FLIGHT ONE -- TEAL 70

A. 03/1800Z

B. AFXXX 01AAA INVEST

C. 03/1545Z

D. 24.0N 95.0W

E. 03/1730Z TO 03/2100Z

F. SFC TO 10,000 FT.

2. SUCCEEDING DAY OUTLOOK: POSSIBLE LOW LEVEL INVEST

IN THE CARIBBEAN NEAR 16N 80W AT 04/1800Z.

3. REMARKS: INVEST FOR 02/1800Z CANCELED AT 02/1140Z.

FIX MISSION FOR 03/1200Z CANCELED AT 02/1330Z.

II. PACIFIC REQUIREMENTS

1. NEGATIVE RECONNAISSANCE REQUIREMENTS

2. OUTLOOK FOR SUCCEEDING DAY.....NEGATIVE.

JWP

The system south of Hispaniola defnitly looks like its becoming better organized.

While the cloud shield is impressive, the llc is located much further west near the Central America coastline. While its certainly possible a new center could form much further east, the current disjointed state leads me to believe we are still a few days away at the earliest from any sort of tropical cyclogenesis.

I actually think 93L may close off a surface low before landfall and subjectively be called a TD or STD in the land of weeniedom, but I'm rather certain the 53rd's tasking is cancelled and its all academic.

Fast motion won't help any in developing West winds South of the center, but this high def satellite, it looks like its trying.

FYP

Archived