• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
6.1.11 severe weather

Ian

Henry Margusity over at Accuwx (lol I know) went as far as mentioning a moderate risk tomorrow :arrowhead:

Also - the thread title is very bland lol

im thinking of bring my camera to work :o

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could see a mod risk tomorrow, probably to our north given the placement at 500/850. we could probably push 3500 cape tho, with seemingly rather decent timing for storms. i can see pretty shelf clouds when i close my eyes.

i could see a mod risk tomorrow, probably to our north given the placement at 500/850. we could probably push 3500 cape tho, with seemingly rather decent timing for storms. i can see pretty shelf clouds when i close my eyes.

If a moderate were to come out (speaking hypothetically, obv) - how far south do you think it would get?

Pretty bullish around here..:devilsmiley:

You? :thumbsup:

If a moderate were to come out (speaking hypothetically, obv) - how far south do you think it would get?

ny/w new england to maybe pa/central jersey? more outside shot into ne md. dont see how we'd get there currently, but that doesnt mean we can't get some fun out of it.

21z SREF is very nice.. we may have less torn risk here than north but we're bullseye for a lot of the other yodarameters. One thing last year taught us was displacing a fat heat ridge can be explosive.

21z SREF is very nice.. we may have less torn risk here than north but we're bullseye for a lot of the other yodarameters. One thing last year taught us was displacing a fat heat ridge can be explosive.

So can I put you down for adding DC to the possible moderate? :devilsmiley:

Wind fields have DRASTICALLY improved from this morning per the latest models... LCLs are quite high in our region, with better stuff further north into the southern half of PA that provides a decent risk for tornadoes (per the NAM... the GFS has more unidirectional winds with less speed shear).

Side note: It's interesting to note an offshore MCS that's moving SSW parallel to the Atlantic Coast... down to SC already. Just don't see that too often. It spawned back in the 'States... main discussion:

Yodarameters- the severe weather parameters which lead to the formation of a massive derecho in the DC area. :thumbsup:

I have my doubts about today. This front is pretty shallow, wont even show itself in the 850mb level. The LFC/LCL is pretty high, it will be hard to get things started at peak heating. I think if we can get these things going either by outflow boundaries from the north or at least some elevated forcing (which to my un-degreed eye, I don't see) we could be in good business. ML lapse rated are good, cape is plentiful and the water loading will help to create microbursts and straight line wind damage. I would not be shocked if we bust in the DC area tomorrow though. Save a chance of convective showers when the PBL drops in the evening.

Eh...just a couple isothermal areas, doesn't look like a true inversion anywhere at least at a quick glance. And the lowest couple of those will easily get erased with the heating of the day.

WOW @ that nearly adiabatic layer above the top isothermal layer.

Thanks Katie :) !

Meanwhile - pocket of CAPE of 4500 on mesoanalysis already :arrowhead: (Yodarameter 1 of the day)

No problem - he and Adam both mentioned it. Then explained to me what that sounding showed, so I thought I'd share.

Archived