• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE golf thread

cheetah440

Havent been out yet for a true round, but noticed on several courses here that the greens were in great shape. The very deep snow pack I think did some good in insulating them this winter even though it was pretty cold.

I'll bet courses should be in fantastic shape as we get into a warmer pattern after all the cool/damp conditions we had. Any thin spots should really fill in. Can't wait to get out on a regular basis.

Havent been out yet for a true round, but noticed on several courses here that the greens were in great shape. The very deep snow pack I think did some good in insulating them this winter even though it was pretty cold.

I'll bet courses should be in fantastic shape as we get into a warmer pattern after all the cool/damp conditions we had. Any thin spots should really fill in. Can't wait to get out on a regular basis.

Greens are healthy, a bit too healthy for my liking. Slow right now. i prefer ugly brown and mossy hard and fast. Moss is a very slick substance. You are right though, once we get a warm dry spell with some sun the courses will be mint.

Shot a 41 tonight and won $12 for low net amongst our Tuesday night regulars. Not bad for a 17 handicap, though I expect that to start going down since I got off the Board of Directors at my course. Now I can actually play when I go over instead of attend meetings. As mentioned above, it's been great grass growing weather for courses, though our course was aerated Monday so the greens are a bit bumpy right now. They'll be back soon though.

Edit: Whoops, I just noticed this was the SNE Golf thread. I'll slink back north now. My reading FTL.

Shot a 41 tonight and won $12 for low net amongst our Tuesday night regulars. Not bad for a 17 handicap, though I expect that to start going down since I got off the Board of Directors at my course. Now I can actually play when I go over instead of attend meetings. As mentioned above, it's been great grass growing weather for courses, though our course was aerated Monday so the greens are a bit bumpy right now. They'll be back soon though.

Edit: Whoops, I just noticed this was the SNE Golf thread. I'll slink back north now. My reading FTL.

All are welcome, even you northerners. keep shooting 41's and that 17 will be a 10 pretty quick.

28 days. It takes 28 days from aeration to fully recover. Ours should be there this coming weekend.

Been out a few times so far this year. Having major problems with my GW...keep spraying it right on every pitch...really killing my scores.

If this is the only club you spray to the right, get the lie angle checked. Might be too flat. Everyone should have the lie angle of your clubs checked. If they are off a few degrees it can be a big problem.

Either that or just aim left. :P

Been out a few times so far this year. Having major problems with my GW...keep spraying it right on every pitch...really killing my scores.

hmmm......... try putting it back in your stance a little and really getting some good shoulder turn, most golfers i see dont use enough body with there full wedges. Go to the range and pick a target at 20 yards, short swing, then 50, then 100........good shoulder turn, let your hands lead the way, finish your swing. Another good drill would be to take a shorter backswing, with a full exaggerated finish, really feel your hands turn over just after impact.....tempo tempo tempo

(by putting the ball further back in your stance you are forcing yourself to get thru the ball)

good luck!

hmmm......... try putting it back in your stance a little and really getting some good shoulder turn, most golfers i see dont use enough body with there full wedges. Go to the range and pick a target at 20 yards, short swing, then 50, then 100........good shoulder turn, let your hands lead the way, finish your swing. Another good drill would be to take a shorter backswing, with a full exaggerated finish, really feel your hands turn over just after impact.....tempo tempo tempo

(by putting the ball further back in your stance you are forcing yourself to get thru the ball)

good luck!

great drill. So many great drills so little time. And as usual you are right, tempo tempo tempo. We're all always so amazed at how the pros hit it so far with seemingly little effort. Tempt, perfect timing and hitting it flush on the clubface. My big problem is as the round gets going I start getting quicker and quicker and swinging harder and harder.

This morning would have been the best morning of the year weather wise so far. Nothing better than mid 60's with bright blue skies, can't wait for Sat morning.

good luck!

great drill. So many great drills so little time. And as usual you are right, tempo tempo tempo. We're all always so amazed at how the pros hit it so far with seemingly little effort. Tempt, perfect timing and hitting it flush on the clubface. My big problem is as the round gets going I start getting quicker and quicker and swinging harder and harder.

This morning would have been the best morning of the year weather wise so far. Nothing better than mid 60's with bright blue skies, can't wait for Sat morning.

I remember the first time I went the Greater Hartford Open. We were in a great spot right behind the 13th tee box, close enough to almos grab the clubs in the middle of the backswing. The one thing that I really took away was the tempo of the pro's swing. Each and every one of them had a great, smooth tempo. When I play my best I really feel this with my swing. When it's not there, neither is my score.

If this is the only club you spray to the right, get the lie angle checked. Might be too flat. Everyone should have the lie angle of your clubs checked. If they are off a few degrees it can be a big problem.

Either that or just aim left. :P

Thats a good point, Without seeing his swing or setup it could be just a matter of playing the ball back in his stance or his lie angle could be off as well if he was not fitted for his irons, I build clubs plus do repairs so loft and lies are very important along with shaft frequncy, Shaft puring and swingweight......... :P

Playing today over at Norton Country club. Never played there before. Anyone know anything about the course? Hoping to break 85 my first time out this year and first time around course.

Kind of far from Lowell? Some much better choices in Southern NH I could send you to. The seacoast area for example has a few really good public courses that are reasonable. Trull Brook in Tewks is also a decent local track.

Playing today over at Norton Country club. Never played there before. Anyone know anything about the course? Hoping to break 85 my first time out this year and first time around course.

I used to play Norton CC fairly often in HS but don't remember it too well. My new fav is Rehobeth CC, though.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I've only played 3 rounds with this club so far (left my other one on the course never to be seen again :axe:). Hopefully I'll be able to reel off a few good shots in a row with it and get in a better rhythm.

Been a while since i played it but i want to say it has quite a few layup holes and a lot of target golf

My co-worker and husband are members there and have been for a long time. The love it.

Archived