• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE golf thread

cheetah440

Kind of far from Lowell? Some much better choices in Southern NH I could send you to. The seacoast area for example has a few really good public courses that are reasonable. Trull Brook in Tewks is also a decent local track.

Sorry my location is a little deceiving, Not in Lowell anymore, school is out. But will be back there in a couple days. I have played Trull Brook a few times. I thought it was a little pricey though.

Been a while since i played it but i want to say it has quite a few layup holes and a lot of target golf

Didn't get to play there. Guy who took tee time was a moron and forgot they had a league. Not trying to toot my own horn, but the only chance they have a layup hole is if it is longer than 550 and there aren't many courses around here that do. But from what I saw of the course it looked very nice and looked like a target golf golf course.

Since this is a golf thread, what are some good courses out there that won't leave me hurting in the wallet. Looking for courses with a nice track, well kept, and pretty cheap(under 40 for a round).

The best bargain in golf for all of New England is Westover Golf course. Unfortunately for us it is out in Granby MA. They could hold a PGA event at Westover (with tweaks of course). It's over 7k long, decent shape and under $25 midweek. One of my favorite tracks, and is a real challenge.

Anywhere inside of 495 will be difficult for bargain golf. Check out http://www.mgalinks.org/ae/ae-clubs.asp for clubs in your area.

Played 9 this evening at Worthington Golf Club. Just a fabulous temp and just enough of a breeze to cool you as you walk. Here's a few pics from the highest elevation course in Massachusetts(1700'+). Things are in great shape and the lilacs around the clubhouse are at their peak.

Play it if you can.

Played 9 this evening at Worthington Golf Club. Just a fabulous temp and just enough of a breeze to cool you as you walk. Here's a few pics from the highest elevation course in Massachusetts(1700'+). Things are in great shape and the lilacs around the clubhouse are at their peak.

Play it if you can.

haven't played there in 20+ yrs. Was a nice little 9 hole gem back then, looks good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The golf season is moving right along. It's just been beautiful weather for the most part. Cool with plenty of rain to keep everything green. My putting has been good lately though I've been fading my long irons too much. Still, averaging 80-82 although I had a stinky round of 91 last wek playing from the tips at Skyline. It wasn't the length of the course that got me in trouble it was the very wet conditions. I had trouble trapping the ball with such soft soil beneath. In the last few days the greens have gotten very firm and fast which I like unless my approach shot is from outside 150-175yds. Then it's tough to hold the green.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone in extreme southeastern MA, Widow's Walk in Scituate is a great course. Very well kept and I loved the greens. Very picture worthy too as it is right on the harbor. Lost 8 golf balls there but still came home with an 88. Made eagle on one of the long par 5's. It is one of those courses where your first time around you might put up a few large numbers. But after seeing the course a good score can be had. For anyone who has a chance to play there I would highly recommend it.

I used to golf very poorly, but often. When I wanted to golf poorly at a reasonably good course, I'd go to Foster CC in Foster RI. Other than that, I mostly limited my abuse of the courses to Harrisville and Roseland, both in Woodstock CT. It's an easy game to suck at, but can be very enjoyable if the people you play with don't mind that you can't hit a ball straight or far.

By far, the worst course I ever played was Lisbon CC. If you're up for adventure, try it.

Played Westminster Woods for the first time today. Nice course and a good deal. I'd definitely go back. The pictures of Worthington look nice too though, so if I'm going for a 45 minute drive I might try that next time.

Also been meaning to play at the Crumpin Fox. More expensive but I heard it's really nice.

Played Westminster Woods for the first time today. Nice course and a good deal. I'd definitely go back. The pictures of Worthington look nice too though, so if I'm going for a 45 minute drive I might try that next time.

Also been meaning to play at the Crumpin Fox. More expensive but I heard it's really nice.

I played there in a company golf tournament. Lots of doglegs. On one of the par 5's i hit wedge into it cuz I ripped driver over the trees. Made eagle. If you can hit the driver long and high then it becomes a real short course. The 9th hole that is downhill and towards the parking lot, I hit driver and landed it on the green. Was a fun course to play in a scramble style cuz then you can try all the crazy shots. Also one of the par 4's on the back 9 is a dogleg right where you can't see the green because of trees. I hit 3 iron to a spot where I thought would be good but ended up hitting it over the green. Was a fun course in the hills and through the woods.

Career low round today, 32-34=66. 6 birds no bogies, and as usual a few left out there. Probably shoot 80 next weekend.

Nice score Cheetah. Congrats, not an easy thing to accomplish. I played 18 at the Copake Country Club in Copake,NY today. I have a painful rib injury that is really messin' with me. I'm playing in a tournament there this upcoming weekend and wanted to scout it out as I last played there when I was in my teens. My short game is solid but I'm finding my driver and long irons painful to hit. Nice course, expensive by my standards though.

Nice score Cheetah. Congrats, not an easy thing to accomplish. I played 18 at the Copake Country Club in Copake,NY today. I have a painful rib injury that is really messin' with me. I'm playing in a tournament there this upcoming weekend and wanted to scout it out as I last played there when I was in my teens. My short game is solid but I'm finding my driver and long irons painful to hit. Nice course, expensive by my standards though.

Yeah rib injury is a tough thing on a golf swing. Any core related injury will mess you up. I have a form of RA that gives me core problems and when I'm in a flair up I can barely swing until the adrenaline starts flowing ( or the Aleve kick in). Will give you some bad habits too. Get well and let's work on that round at the ranch.BTW, my course is hosting the US AM qualifier this week. I was too realistic with trying to qualify. 36 holes is just too much these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Cheetah!!! Hope you bought everyone a round!!!

We have a $100 pool, everyone at the course if there is a hole in one and you signed the paper pays $100. There were only 2 guys there. LOL. The weekend before one of our guys got one and there were 14 of us there. We did run up the tab a bit though...:thumbsup::drunk:

Archived