Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
May 25th Severe weather thread

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd venture close to 1/3 of Indiana is under a Tornado Warning lol. Link Stay safe up there!

Big hook southwest of Greenville, MS. Tornado Warning out for downtown. :yikes: Anybody got radar shots of this storm?

It doesn't look too bad to me, just some hail and strong winds, but the closest radar site is 90 miles away so you can't really get a good look at it.

20Z Severe Weather Analysis posted. Areas that are showing the highest instability is Hopkinsville, KY - Hermitage, TN - Jackson, TN. Seeing values of SFC CAPE 2529 j/kg, LI's -8, 0-1KM EHI 5.1, and 0-3SRH around 326 m/s. Convective gusts up to 83 knots, and hail up to 1.8" in diameter. Detailed analysis at http://smartwxmodel.net

usa.jpg

It doesn't look too bad to me, just some hail and strong winds, but the closest radar site is 90 miles away so you can't really get a good look at it.

I think it looked more impressive awhile ago. The distance from radar may have played a role in it. Still a dangerous situation for Greenville, MS though.

If things start popping around Louisville WAVE 3 is live streaming

www.wave3.com

Also WHAS Radio is simulcasting WAVE 3

Also, unconfirmed reports of tractor trailers blown over in Owensboro and injuries.

70-90 mph winds heading for louisville!

70-90 mph winds heading for louisville!

I'm not sure how many tornadoes are going to be in it, but that line going through Indiana right now has some crazy winds with it. I hope people don't let their guard down, I would not be at all surprised to see some 90 mph straight line gusts.

If things start popping around Louisville WAVE 3 is live streaming

www.wave3.com

Also WHAS Radio is simulcasting WAVE 3

Also, unconfirmed reports of tractor trailers blown over in Owensboro and injuries.

Louisville to cincy escaped all the action today...I wonder if that would cause the current stuff that's getting ready to move in to intensify moreso than it has over IN . Looks like one hell of a bow echo developing to the west of Louisville :yikes:

Louisville to cincy escaped all the action today...I wonder if that would cause the current stuff that's getting ready to move in to intensify moreso than it has over IN . Looks like one hell of a bow echo developing to the west of Louisville :yikes:

Yep. This could be unpleasant. WAVE is saying 90 mph winds is possible. And with the way that line is bowing out... ekkk.

Also I'll call it now. Before the night is over, Louisville will be under a tornado warning. Because, if for no reason, some spotter will see a wall cloud and get skittish.

Yep. This could be unpleasant. WAVE is saying 90 mph winds is possible. And with the way that line is bowing out... ekkk.

Also I'll call it now. Before the night is over, Louisville will be under a tornado warning. Because, if for no reason, some spotter will see a wall cloud and get skittish.

said spin ups are possible all along the line here...maybe 20min before we are warned...

said spin ups are possible all along the line here...maybe 20min before we are warned...

TORNADO WARNING FOR... WESTERN CLARK COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... NORTHEASTERN CRAWFORD COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... NORTHWESTERN FLOYD COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... NORTHWESTERN HARRISON COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... SCOTT COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... WASHINGTON COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA...

Yep, wont be long till Louisville gets hit. Also WHAS Radio is using their relatively rarely used Constant Alert Tone.

Storms are really moving now. SVR for most of the Western Louisville Metro.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR... NORTHERN BRECKINRIDGE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY... WESTERN BULLITT COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY... NORTHERN HARDIN COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY... WESTERN JEFFERSON COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY... THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF LOUISVILLE... MEADE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY... SOUTHERN CLARK COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... SOUTHEASTERN CRAWFORD COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... FLOYD COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... HARRISON COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA...

Storms are really moving now. SVR for most of the Western Louisville Metro.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR... NORTHERN BRECKINRIDGE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY... WESTERN BULLITT COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY... NORTHERN HARDIN COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY... WESTERN JEFFERSON COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY... THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF LOUISVILLE... MEADE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY... SOUTHERN CLARK COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... SOUTHEASTERN CRAWFORD COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... FLOYD COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA... HARRISON COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA...

severe thunderstorm warning...i thought for sure it would be tornado warning here!

Linear. Plenty of embedded tornados but warnings are being put out for the entire line now because individual tornados are too hard and to brief to pick out.

I suspect surveys will find quite a few even if they're not reported initially.

"Mass casualty incident" being reported for Bloomington as per WISHtv8 They are trying to find out more details, say it may have been from earlier storms...and not this line that just went through recently.

the line tht just went through did have a little kink in it with a couplet that went right over the city

The Indiana offices must be the worst when it comes to severe weather. Why put out a tornado warning for an entire line of thunderstorms? IWX pulled this same crap June 5 or 6 of last year, right after the F4 went by south of Toledo. It looked like a wall of tornadoes was coming again, but it really was nothing but a squall line. When the storms hit CLE's CWA, all the warnings magically shifted to Severe Thunderstorm Warnings. LOL.

Even if there is an isolated tornado, this is not a situation that will produce strong tornadoes. Any tornado damage won't be much worse than the widespread straightline wind damage (or any embedded microbursts). This is just going to make people less likely to take cover when the tornado sirens sound, because it's going to be percieved as a false alarm for 99.9% of the warning area.

The Indiana offices must be the worst when it comes to severe weather. Why put out a tornado warning for an entire line of thunderstorms? IWX pulled this same crap June 5 or 6 of last year, right after the F4 went by south of Toledo. It looked like a wall of tornadoes was coming again, but it really was nothing but a squall line. When the storms hit CLE's CWA, all the warnings magically shifted to Severe Thunderstorm Warnings. LOL.

Circulations are often transient and hard to pick up. I think there's a fine line...sometimes it seems like overkill but it's probably not a bad idea when you know you have really favorable instability/shear parameters in place.

Circulations are often transient and hard to pick up. I think there's a fine line...sometimes it seems like overkill but it's probably not a bad idea when you know you have really favorable instability/shear parameters in place.

Not to mention, on how high alert the public and governments (state and local) when it comes to lead time and warnings because of recent events. Not sure if the offices are thinking or considering that thought though.. just some food for thought.

Archived