joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Should I keep 40S open?

Deck Pic

Fortysouthwx.com  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should I?

• Yes, when weather is busy, especially in winter, it will be my primary weather board
    • Yes, during busy times, I will browse and post there occasionally, sometimes even more than AmWx
    • Yes, AmWx is my primary board, but I like that there is an alternate forum, and if it is busy enough I may even post here or there
    • Other than as a backup board if the server goes down here, I don't care if it shuts down..I may throw in an infrequent sympathy post there, but that's it
    • Don't care, unless AmWx is down, I don't read or post there, and it is of no use to me
    • No, I don't post there and in busier times it fractures the community. The Mid Atl crew should all be in one place

Pick the answer that is closest to your opinion....

The board has pretty much been dead since February....Even when it is busy it is obviously of no threat to AmWx....It is clear people will go where the action is....that is the primary driver...I personally don't want to post weather at 2 boards....It is too cumbersome....I think there are too many weenies here in the winter, but I may just need to get over it and post here....

Thoughts?

put it on mothballs until it's needed.

That's probably what I'll do....I think I might start posting here and i don't like to cross post...I am simply not attentive or quick enough to keep up.....I guess going to 40s when this place gets unbearable is the best option....better than 86'ing 40S and then endlessly complaining when I don't like it here....There is enough critical mass here that I don't think people abandoning ship here from time to time will kill the flow here....I know some don't like the idea of having good posters at another board, but I still think it is a preferable option to whining and complaining when I don't like all the weenieism, when great posters like Ian and Wes are able to rise above it and ignore it

Serious question:

What about Howard? What's he going to do?

He insists that he doesn't want to come here...he has been steadfast about that...He has also said that he needs a busier place than 40s....I have told him there aren't too many options...SV is dead....Ruggies board sucks....Accuweather presumably sucks....not sure where he will go....but I am probably not shuttering the board anyway..not at $30/mo

nobody posts there......I think the Dude is correct..put it on ice and take it out when necessary....I can't cross post and I don't need too many posters but I need some....posting to myself and Howard gets old

You know there is about a 99.56% chance that come November, the moderating here will put you on full tilt, causing you to start your own board and vow never to post here again. Might as well save yourself some hassle and keep 40S really accessible.

You know there is about a 99.56% chance that come November, the moderating here will put you on full tilt, causing you to start your own board and vow never to post here again. Might as well save yourself some hassle and keep 40S really accessible.

agreed....That was pretty much my gist in the earlier posts....If I am not happy with things here, I am better off going elsewhere versus whining and complaining here...

Pick the answer that is closest to your opinion....

The board has pretty much been dead since February....Even when it is busy it is obviously of no threat to AmWx....It is clear people will go where the action is....that is the primary driver...I personally don't want to post weather at 2 boards....It is too cumbersome....I think there are too many weenies here in the winter, but I may just need to get over it and post here....

Thoughts?

Sir, I think it was a good option when we were having so much trouble here (and the old) but I think it is clear that this is where most people want to be. That includes you as well. I, for one, like having all of the personalities here, in one place. Your presence, along with others that did post at 40s, is good for this forum, weather and PR.

Overall....I've stopped posted on weather boards. It's time to focus on productive activities. While I did like 40south and the content was good for a while, it certainly has fallen off now. Forums are getting to be such a bear and probably time to evaluate whether it's really necessary to post as much as we do. But it's a free world thank god, so my sentiments may not reflect others opinions/evaluations. For me however, I've found that I can work toward more productive (whether paid or not) ventures. It would be nice to see a much higher noise to signal ration with some postings...and that is another reason I don't post as much...contributed more noise the substance. Stretching folks between two boards kinda does the same (creates more noise).

Results seem to be mixed so far.

as of my posting and vote.

Yes,please , I moved over to 40s on 1/26/2011 when the moderators on this board go into "Storm mode" I call it "stick in a## mode" and remove my post for pathetic reasons. If they remove this post it would really show a lack of character. Anyway I like 40s during major winter events because it has a more friendly feel to it over there. Most of the posters are from the mid Atlantic as well.

Sir, I think it was a good option when we were having so much trouble here (and the old) but I think it is clear that this is where most people want to be. That includes you as well. I, for one, like having all of the personalities here, in one place. Your presence, along with others that did post at 40s, is good for this forum, weather and PR.

I think the problem is that in some ways when weather boards need to be their best, they are at their worst....

I'm going to keep 40S open.....I realize I am in the minority, but come winter, my favorite season, I can't stand the nonstop weeniesm here....the constant flip flopping and suicides with every 6z/18z run.....it makes for mostly bad discussion....we have the same discussion at 40s, but it is less in terms of quantity and the quality is better in the means....

why not?

it is the best and most appropriate place to reach the mid atlantic weather community as to whether they want a smaller regional board to remain open

just to be clear i saw it as soon as it was posted and left it. but im not sure why we defer to you nonstop if you refuse to post on the weather side here other than to bring up old **** repeatedly.

just to be clear i saw it as soon as it was posted and left it. but im not sure why we defer to you nonstop if you refuse to post on the weather side here other than to bring up old **** repeatedly.

I summed up my thoughts in an earlier post...I wanted to get the lay of the land because nobody is posting at 40S.....I plan on posting mostly here for now and when I get disgruntled, I will move over there instead of clogging up this place with endless complaints and whining...win-win

That's probably what I'll do....I think I might start posting here and i don't like to cross post...I am simply not attentive or quick enough to keep up.....I guess going to 40s when this place gets unbearable is the best option....better than 86'ing 40S and then endlessly complaining when I don't like it here....There is enough critical mass here that I don't think people abandoning ship here from time to time will kill the flow here....I know some don't like the idea of having good posters at another board, but I still think it is a preferable option to whining and complaining when I don't like all the weenieism, when great posters like Ian and Wes are able to rise above it and ignore it

I think I have probably maybe 250 posts there. But honestly, I signed up solely because of you.....just to see your model analysis and other topics/discussions such as DCA climate and long-range outlooks, particularly when they weren't available here. Your two recent threads in this forum are prime examples. I think you're a top notch weather poster.....one of the better ones the weather community has to offer. If you don't post here, I know where to find you.

Archived