Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
18z models

stormtracker

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the nam does well with frontal precip though... clippers at the end of the run? i hope so, but im not sold.

Last year it overdid clippers precipitation-wise but I think that is more of a function of model resolution, but not that it really means anything this year.

I lost my cable and decided to go shopping. Comcast has been letting me down lately. The 18Z NAM 500h loosk would be a moderate snow for someone if it verified. I looked at the low resolution euro but couln't tell if they gave us precip or not. It looked like might but clearly the nam is on the one extreme and the gfs is on the other though it trended a little stronger on the 12Z run.

I would like to see the 18z GFS make a move toward the NAM in this model cycle. If it can do that, I think it would lend the NAM some credence.

at 11p.m. both the 0z nam and gfs will be out.. and it will be dark.

Man, the WashPo money is flowing in!

I haven't seen a dime yet but plan to write and article tonight/early tomorrow morning that discusses the threat. We don't know much more than we knew Monday. lol.

The NAm is one plausible solution but so is the GFS. If someone held a gun to my head and I had to make a guess between the gfs and nam, I'd guess that the gfs is closer to the truth than the nam but at this stage, who really knows. The system certainly is worth tracking and worth mentioning the possibility of light snow for sunday or if you the forecaster is worried about boundary layer issues, you could always forecast and chance of light rain or snow. There is still plenty of time to move towards the consensus forecast. I do wish the NAM was a better 84hr model.

Archived