EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
18z models

stormtracker

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So still a lot of time for tweaks. I wish we had a better handle on this I would prefer not to drive in snow (even if it's not sticking much) and I might have to venture out on a road trip come this weekend.

I wish we had a better handle on this so I know whether or not to book a train ticket back home to MD from Poughkeepsie (yes, I'd come back even for a clipper that drops 2" :arrowhead:)

:o

The trends were obviously very good on this run.

Now that being said, I'm afraid that we're just in the wrong spot. The initial clipper impulse might give 3-6" snows to DC proper, but then by the time the ULL captures it and hooks it back, it'll be too late for us, and SNE might cash in.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Absolutely correct

The think on the 00Z one thing to watch is the circulation associated with the system offshore as the clipper comes east. That is part of the problem in the GFS, it's too close in to allow the flow to back around enough to get the better precipitation into our area. So watch that feature and the strength of the clipper vort.

The think on the 00Z one thing to watch is the circulation associated with the system offshore as the clipper comes east. That is part of the problem in the GFS, it's too close in to allow the flow to back around enough to get the better precipitation into our area. So watch that feature and the strength of the clipper vort.

Imagine if we can get the low to pop closer tot he coast and even sooner. Snowman.gif

So still a lot of time for tweaks. I wish we had a better handle on this I would prefer not to drive in snow (even if it's not sticking much) and I might have to venture out on a road trip come this weekend.

As long as it's well-forecasted (lol), if it's only a couple inches and temperatures are close to freezing, decent-sized roads shouldn't be too bad. You shouldn't be going too fast on small roads either way.

Archived