Newest Member
    EWR757
12Z GFS Euro etc. model thread

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Mildo made a new model thread --

I would argue the ridge in the Western Plains is a bit more pronounced on the 12z GFS then it was on the 12z NAM at 42 hrs on the h5. Is that correct?

Individual height lines at the peak of the ridge do appear a bit farther north on the GFS, with the exception of the 540 line, which is a little farther south. Ridge axis seems titled a bit farther east as well on the GFS.

Since Mildo made a new model thread --

I would argue the ridge in the Western Plains is a bit more pronounced on the 12z GFS then it was on the 12z NAM at 42 hrs on the h5. Is that correct?

I can't tell but from the 48 hr foreast it looks to me like it is still going to keep its more sheared look than the nam or euro.

Too much IMBY/regional posting within the threads? I've noticed that, on top of the synoptic discussion, there's embedded regional stuff in there as well.

i guess... it's just some good posters are in other regions and i dont want to read 6 12z gfs threads... and model watching is more interconnected than a lot ot things

Typical difference between the GFS and NAM. GFS is so progressive it more or less obliterates the clipper. The good news is that it seems to be getting a bit higher in the QPF outputs, as well as not entirely shearing it out. I think one can safely forecast some light snow potential in VA at this point.

Archived