• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Latest 80F temps?

weatherMA

wow. I wonder why I only hit 76F. All of the wunderground stations in Shrewsbury I checked that day were at 77-78 around 3pm so I figured that was the high. I 'll have to check again.

I didn't hit 80F either that day. So they must have gotten lucky with the clouds that day.

There are years where ORH doesn't hit 80F until June. The most recent case was 1997 when it didn't hit 80F until June 10th. 2006 almost made it...first 80F day was May 27th.

I didn't hit 80F either that day. So they must have gotten lucky with the clouds that day.

There are years where ORH doesn't hit 80F until June. The most recent case was 1997 when it didn't hit 80F until June 10th. 2006 almost made it...first 80F day was May 27th.

Its just odd because I'm usually 3-5F warmer then the airport...often times in the winter I'm at 32-33F and they're right at 29F.

Its just odd because I'm usually 3-5F warmer then the airport...often times in the winter I'm at 32-33F and they're right at 29F.

IIRC there was a cloud cover gradient that day with areas to the west being more clear. ORH airport is the furthest west point in the city so they probably had an extra hour or two of sun. I'm northeast of them so I probably had a bit less sun as well which is why I failed to hit 80F. BOS had a high of 54F that day. :lol:

IIRC there was a cloud cover gradient that day with areas to the west being more clear. ORH airport is the furthest west point in the city so they probably had an extra hour or two of sun. I'm northeast of them so I probably had a bit less sun as well which is why I failed to hit 80F. BOS had a high of 54F that day. :lol:

I guess that could be it. I'm on the west side of Shrewsbury so maybe the east side only hit 74. tongue.gif

Time to delete this thread and save face

hotdog.gif

I'm sure there have been years BOS didn't hit 80 before 7/1. As a kid, I remember one start to the summer when the temps at KNYC didn't hit 80 before July.

That would be nearly impossible to pull off. BOS has done it into June several times. Most recently in 1997 getting to 80F the same date as ORH....June 10th.

80? PWM has yet to reach 70. Their closest approach may have been back on 3/18 when they hit 68. I think they've had years when it was late May or even in June before they made it into the 70s. Highest this year for MBY is exactly 70 on 4/29, and further inland IZG was 78 (IIRC) on 4/26 while several S.NH stations were 80-81 that day (and FVE topped out in the mid 30s.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived