Newest Member
    mowsee447
SNE May-hem

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You hit 50?

Yeah it looks like they got to like 51F down there.

Combo of CAD being stronger up here and probably some slight downsloping there on a NE wind. It makes sense...because often in those 30F icing events here, he is 34F...so about a 4F difference sounds right.

Yeah it looks like they got to like 51F down there.

Combo of CAD being stronger up here and probably some slight downsloping there on a NE wind. It makes sense...because often in those 30F icing events here, he is 34F...so about a 4F difference sounds right.

Yeah we see this time and time again. Union just kills him....Tolland being downwind and all.

radar has been strange today, besides the heavy downpour mid to late morning, everytime a slug of moisture comes up off the ocean, seems to dissipate or weaken, nice line just east of new haven stretching nw into ct........reports of sun around the nyc metro, can see it on visible hopefully that makes it in for the later afternoon!

We had 1.20" in Southern Westchester from the morning downpour, up to 1.97" for the event. I think HPC is going to bust with the huge totals in Central/Northern NJ which has been sitting in a dryslot for most of the day....EWR has only recorded .33" today.

There does seem to be a lot of subsidence here, definitely has brightened up this afternoon significantly. You can see the LLJ getting going though with radar filling in to the south, so that banding should eventually train over NYC metro/SW CT. I imagine we'll all get some serious rains tonight. 12z GFS shows the break in the action nicely at 12, and then more QPF hits the area at 18-24 hours, so that should be the overnight rains expected that are forming immediately to our south on the radar.

Your avatar is saying 46F.

You must be using the thermometer that runs a little warm...or perhaps is correct. You know, the one that you never use in the winter.

He has KORH obs for his current weather. That's why it reads 46F. :lol:

Since you 2 are both mets and huge weenies..you both should get your own Davis wx stations, and stop using the white thermos with the red bulbs

I have a digital thermo but I don't really have the need for a wx station as long as I am in my current location which can be pretty well represented by the ORH ASOS in most cases and for the snowfall issue I can obviously do that without a wx station. If I move north about 10 miles along the ridge line then I'd definitely invest in a wx station.

I have a digital thermo but I don't really have the need for a wx station as long as I am in my current location which can be pretty well represented by the ORH ASOS in most cases and for the snowfall issue I can obviously do that without a wx station. If I move north about 10 miles along the ridge line then I'd definitely invest in a wx station.

Are you moving to the ridgeline?

IS Megan going to the conf this year..or just you?

Since you 2 are both mets and huge weenies..you both should get your own Davis wx stations, and stop using the white thermos with the red bulbs

I have a digital one as well. Works fine. Eventually when I move into a single family type house, I might get one. I also have a rain gauge, but that just cracked last month. All I really care about is temp.

IS Megan going to the conf this year..or just you?

She's probably coming but would have to fly down if she did since she needs to work that Sunday. So she'd either fly in late Thurs night or early Fri morning and fly out very early Sun morning.

So it would be circa 2007/2008 for the car ride down and back.

Archived