• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
May

LithiaWx

Speaking of this heat...sure have heard about alot of snakes the last 2 days....and I am TERRIFIED of them...anyone know of a good way to repel them?? Father in law had one in his pool yesterday and another of a different type today....and NO I have not seen any of them....family knows better than to show me the pics....I will have nightmares...I am serious....If I had been in the pool yesterday when it swam over my sis-in-law's leg.....I would have been added to the list of Jesus and Peter in the walkiing on water club....that would have been followed by a one way trip to Stirffler-Hamby Mortuary.

After finding a cottonmouth snake in my backyard last week (we have a creek behind our house).My husband ended up putting mothballs around the house outside and under our building.I heard it keeps them away,but not sure.Also,I have heard in the past when you clean your hairbrushes,put the hair outside around your house.Not sure if that works either,but I do it and they are both cheap and easy things to try.Good Luck!!

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After finding a cottonmouth snake in my backyard last week (we have a creek behind our house).My husband ended up putting mothballs around the house outside and under our building.I heard it keeps them away,but not sure.Also,I have heard in the past when you clean your hairbrushes,put the hair outside around your house.Not sure if that works either,but I do it and they are both cheap and easy things to try.Good Luck!!

Mother in law heard about the moth balls trick....very well might try this....Its worth a try...and its cheap....Make sense....heard that snakes have a good sense of smell.....Thanks for the info...since you just put out the moth balls, let me know how it works...if you do or don't see one...pm me....but please...no pics!!

Ready for winter and these things and the severe wx and heat to go away!!!

BTW...joking(I think) about the mortuary trip....but now that I'm almost 40, might be more truth than joke.

Mother in law heard about the moth balls trick....very well might try this....Its worth a try...and its cheap....Make sense....heard that snakes have a good sense of smell.....Thanks for the info...since you just put out the moth balls, let me know how it works...if you do or don't see one...pm me....but please...no pics!!

Ready for winter and these things and the severe wx and heat to go away!!!

BTW...joking(I think) about the mortuary trip....but now that I'm almost 40, might be more truth than joke.

yep I will let you know.It's been almost a week and so far so good.

an outdoor cat might help. Most likely though you'll still see them, as "gifts" on your doorstep. I don't mind them, but almost picked up a copperhead a couple weeks ago by mistake (looked like a limb). The big spiders coming in now and every Summer is what I never can get used to. I have lots of mulch beds and they love those, and even though I've caulked and weatherstripped everywhere, they still come in somehow. A large one was under the cover a few nights ago when I was about to go to bed. Huge wolf spider.

I can deal with the snakes any day. I cannot stand the spiders. I will pick up a granddaddy long legs spider, but nothing else. I will kill them and swat them away, but I will admit my phobia to them. LOL.

an outdoor cat might help. Most likely though you'll still see them, as "gifts" on your doorstep. I don't mind them, but almost picked up a copperhead a couple weeks ago by mistake (looked like a limb). The big spiders coming in now and every Summer is what I never can get used to. I have lots of mulch beds and they love those, and even though I've caulked and weatherstripped everywhere, they still come in somehow. A large one was under the cover a few nights ago when I was about to go to bed. Huge wolf spider.

My coworker was bit on the forearm by a brown recluse spider. He has been to treatment four times (fifth tomorrow) and it keeps eating away at his muscle tissue. Pretty dang awful man.

I finished May with 1.2" of rain. My father in law just got bitten by a brown recluse on the end of one of his toes. Apparently it was in his shoes that he left outside. It looks pretty bad.

Hope your father in law is okay! I've heard some nasty stories from those who have been bitten... Doesn't sound fun at all.

Hope your father in law is okay! I've heard some nasty stories from those who have been bitten... Doesn't sound fun at all.

He caught it early and went to the doctor. They shot him up with some stuff and gave him antibiotics. He's about to be sailing the gulf for a month so he needs it better very quickly. It does look pretty bad though. It looks like someone hit his toe with a hammer.

I finished May with 1.2" of rain. My father in law just got bitten by a brown recluse on the end of one of his toes. Apparently it was in his shoes that he left outside. It looks pretty bad.

Ouch!:yikes: I've heard some really nasty stories about those spiders. I'll pray for a speedy recovery!:hug:

Hello Gang,

Hope all had great holiday weekend. We went to Boone , tubing the new river it was cool water but the temps were up there. Hubby got too hot and fainted on me in the car which was scarey . It is gonna be a HOT summer , i miss winter already ! Everyone drink fluids and stay safe outside! :sun:

My coworker was bit on the forearm by a brown recluse spider. He has been to treatment four times (fifth tomorrow) and it keeps eating away at his muscle tissue. Pretty dang awful man.

I know this is straying from the topic of weather, but chances are your co-worker was not bitten by a Brown Recluse unless it occurred outside of the state. Theses spiders are only found in the South Central states and only a very tiny portion of NC in the far South Western tip. Doctors are to blame for the wrong diagnosis and the spread of fear of these spiders. They seem to want to lump all spider bites that eat away at the tissue together and blame it on the Brown Recluse when the fact is that there are plenty of other spiders that cause tissue damage. I have even have had a family member in Vermont claim that they were once bitten by a Brown Recluse which is really hard to believe since they are certainly not native to that part of the country. Of course this is what the doctor told her so she believed him.

post-1075-0-22247300-1306940602.gif

West Central

Is Snowstorm the same person-whatever his name was- that would make forecasts on animal behavior and the color of the sky :devilsmiley::gun_bandana:

EDIT: I believe someone posted that he was banned on another forum (Talkweather?) just before he joined American.....is this true Snowstorm?? Why do you hide?

I think snowstorm2011 is probably a young kid who thinks he is grown up. Weatherkid is young listed at 14 but he seems grownup and actually contributes good posts to this board. He proves you can be young and still act adult. Snowstorm is just young, dumb, disrespectful and universally disliked. Amazing when you look at two people similar in age yet one is an asset the other is a toxic liability to the board. Has anyone been this universally disliked in the SE forums before?

I think snowstorm2011 is probably a young kid who thinks he is grown up. Weatherkid is young listed at 14 but he seems grownup and actually contributes good posts to this board. He proves you can be young and still act adult. Snowstorm is just young, dumb, disrespectful and universally disliked. Amazing when you look at two people similar in age yet one is an asset the other is a toxic liability to the board. Has anyone been this universally disliked in the SE forums before?

Yeah im 14 and proud to admit it unlike him. He probably knows everybody would make fun of him. I feel I'm mature enough to give my age without the fear of being made fun of. I try to contribute good stuff to the SE forum without being annoying.

There are alot of kids on here that are great :hug: I've been here for about 7 years now and the only two people I have disliked this much is snowdevil and cyclonicjunkie......

Archived