• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Easter Weekend Wx Disco

Damage In Tolland

My grandparents took my sis and I to Disney World after school let out in June many moons ago. Brutal heat and monsoon rains FTL. I remember sleeping on picnic tables instead of the RV because it was so flippin' hot. Missed out on a shuttle launch due to weather as well. Good times.

We're going in August... I just might die of heat meltage

My first inclination regarding Easter weekend is toward less than desirable weather conditions.

PNA is rising right smack on that weekend, it achieves a quicksy doodle rump pump to warm weather wanting +1 SD (that pain in your backside is the pattern trying to screw your outdoor plans). Meanwhile the NAO is falling negative...

Now, past April 15 the NAO gradually becomes less effectual on the pattern at our latitude do to the ad nauseam discussed seasonal wave length shortening. Firstly, it is too early in that seasonal modality to count on less influence; and besides, we have seen what a negative NAO in May can still do. So, given to the two teleconnector signals, if we end up warm and sunny on that weekend it would be the less likely result somehow managing to take place.

But, heh, anomalies relative to anomalies do take place from time to time. I suppose the best thing would be if the -PNA holds.... A battle between the -NAO/-PNA in late April is different than at Christmas.

This is the latest Easter can ever occur on the liturgical calendar.... So if this one fails to be mild...then might as well throw in the towel. LOL

It seems to me we have had a few very nippy Easters in recent years, but they were a lot earlier.

My first inclination regarding Easter weekend is toward less than desirable weather conditions.

PNA is rising right smack on that weekend, it achieves a quicksy doodle rump pump to warm weather wanting +1 SD (that pain in your backside is the pattern trying to screw your outdoor plans). Meanwhile the NAO is falling negative...

Now, past April 15 the NAO gradually becomes less effectual on the pattern at our latitude do to the ad nauseam discussed seasonal wave length shortening. Firstly, it is too early in that seasonal modality to count on less influence; and besides, we have seen what a negative NAO in May can still do. So, given to the two teleconnector signals, if we end up warm and sunny on that weekend it would be the less likely result somehow managing to take place.

But, heh, anomalies relative to anomalies do take place from time to time. I suppose the best thing would be if the -PNA holds.... A battle between the -NAO/-PNA in late April is different than at Christmas.

Some like the South Beach side and some like the Gulf side if ya follow my drift.

The Keys were amazing, I recommend anyone visiting S FL that has not spend at least 2 days there doing scuba or at least a few sunset cruises. You get the gulf side and the beaches (Biscayne etc) in very few miles.

I have a feeling the cold never presses that far south..snowcover is gone over Central Canada....strong sun..even if heights are low..we'll probably be into the 60's most of the time

I have a feeling the cold never presses that far south..snowcover is gone over Central Canada....strong sun..even if heights are low..we'll probably be into the 60's most of the time

Well then a perfect poetic justice for you will be 12" of blue on May 3rd - :lol:

The Keys were amazing, I recommend anyone visiting S FL that has not spend at least 2 days there doing scuba or at least a few sunset cruises. You get the gulf side and the beaches (Biscayne etc) in very few miles.

I went snorkeling in the keys last summer. Pretty sure it was Marathon Key, absolutely amazing. The barracudas swiming along side you are a little unsettling but it was worth it and i returned intact lol.

LOL, everyone is going. We might go down to Sarasota Sunday or Monday, but that's far from Miami. I like the Gulf side myself.

Will be there this week. Lido Key is the greatest place on earth. Hope to get some of those "Southern Nights"

I've been to most all of Florida's beaches and I can say without a doubt Destin is the best. Very few people from the Northeast know about Destin however....Panama City expanded its airport recently but I'm not sure it has correlated to lower flights.

I feel most comfortable in Fort Lauderdale because there were always so many people from New York/New England there and I always felt at home there.....But the demographics are changing as the old folks pass away and Broward County doesn't seem like it's the 6th boro like it used to.

Archived