• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Weekend cutoff 4/16/2011

Mikehobbyst

Well I think the wind advisory will probably do justice for the over all synoptic wind threat. I don't see widespread 40 mph sustained and 58+mph wind gusts outside of convection tonight. And any damaging winds with a low-topped squall line tonight will be covered by severe thunderstorm warnings.

I hope it is not going one those low-topped convention that will produce no lightning. Those are more events remind me in the fall and sometimes winter. Elevated Convention more I like to see they at least produce lightning and can have some gusty winds along with very heavy rains. Heavy rain and winds of regardless of what kind of convention will be impressive.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not yet, definitely wind advisory level out there now. Though that heavy convection could set us up with HWW SWS type stuff later.

I saw a guy's cab get blown off his pickup truck and right into the bay on the loop parkway man I wish I had that on video.

One I'll never forget is 3/13 last year when all the trees came down and even parts of people's roofs. Probably most of all I remember the constant sound of sirens for 12+ hours and my neighbor's transformer exploding and almost setting our houses on fire, lol.

This convection is really going to bring down intense winds especially with the LLJ approaching.

It's not even raining for real yet here and the winds are howling like crazy out there. And I'm supposed to go to dinner with friends in an hour lol. Should be an interesting drive/walk.

It's not even raining for real yet here and the winds are howling like crazy out there. And I'm supposed to go to dinner with friends in an hour lol. Should be an interesting drive/walk.

Well I have been shouting for a day that a warning is needed and everyone said it wasn't going to be necessary. We shall see

Radar looks wicked. Would be surprised if hww don't verify and close to 2" of rain.

That second line that extends from central Pa. down thru Md. and into Va. is going to slap us around some after the first section rolls thru. That second line has a tor.warning now west of washington. It won't have that punch up here tho.

Well I have been shouting for a day that a warning is needed and everyone said it wasn't going to be necessary. We shall see

I really do not see the need for a high wind warning. I haven't seen any gusts greater than 45 mph and any high wind gusts will come with an embedded thunderstorm/squall line...that warrants a Severe thunderstorm warning, not a high wind warning

I really do not see the need for a high wind warning. I haven't seen any gusts greater than 45 mph and any high wind gusts will come with an embedded thunderstorm/squall line...that warrants a Severe thunderstorm warning, not a high wind warning

you are assuming they will be severe storms and not just stronger storms with intense precip that bring down the wind, in which case no storm warning will get issued.

you are assuming they will be severe storms and not just stronger storms with intense precip that bring down the wind, in which case no storm warning will get issued.

In which case it would be a missed thunderstorm warning by the NWS?? lol I really don't understand what you are getting at here.

Isolated strong wind gusts brought down in heavy rain bands/thunderstorms even if they are low-topped with no lightning/thunder are not what high wind warnings are issued for

It seems like the back edge is starting to move fairly quickly. Depending on whether that 2nd line makes it here most of the heaviest stuff could be out of here by 1 or 2am. We'll still see alot of 1.5 to 2.5" amounts I think.

We've already exceeded guidance in terms of rainfall and its absolutly pouring. Just drove home from Jefferson and I could hardly see on Rt. 80. All of the rivers and streams in the area are rising rapidly. The Sadle River at Upper Saddle river looks like it might break record stage.

sadn4_hg.png

estimated current dopplar radar over me right now is 1.2"+ per/hr - Current estimated total rainfall is ~2". I would be shocked if I didn't get over 3". The second line behind that extends all the way back to State College, PA. This is going to be going on for quite a long time at varying intensities.

The heaviest is pushing through right now but I suspect it will let up soon and give us a break if only temporary.

estimated current dopplar radar over me right now is 1.2"+ per/hr - Current estimated total rainfall is ~2". I would be shocked if I didn't get over 3". The second line behind that extends all the way back to State College, PA. This is going to be going on for quite a long time at varying intensities.

Archived