• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
When will LWX start talking about the 12/5 threat

Ger

Looks like they were wise not to get too excited about the dec 5 threat as the euro and its ensembles have backed off on it and now have the cold air overwhelming everything. The euro also got rid of its goofy super strong closed low that the 12Z 240 hour forecast had near LA. It's still got a southern stream shortwave but a much weaker one.

its just too early for this to be ironed out, right usedtobe/??Everyone seeems to be jumping on consecutive runs of the ec to show a storm, when in reality nothing is assured;

its just too early for this to be ironed out, right usedtobe/??Everyone seeems to be jumping on consecutive runs of the ec to show a storm, when in reality nothing is assured;

Certainly it's too early to give up on the pattern but maybe not the dec 5th threat. Remember Ji gave up on the pattern before the dec 19 storm last year even though most of the mets were saying it was a good pattern. This pattern is not as good as that one so we still might end up cold and dry but it is a pattern where the probability of snow is above normal because of the block and cold. When the block weakens and poops out, then the pattern will probalby go to being a bad one.

Certainly it's too early to give up on the pattern but maybe not the dec 5th threat. Remember Ji gave up on the pattern before the dec 19 storm last year even though most of the mets were saying it was a good pattern. This pattern is not as good as that one so we still might end up cold and dry but it is a pattern where the probability of snow is above normal because of the block and cold. When the block weakens and poops out, then the pattern will probalby go to being a bad one.

Its really hard to take Ji seriously. Especially with the giving up, cancelling stuff, etc.

I'd say that we have equal chances at something in the dec 5 to 9th period. You can't say nothing or go based on one set of erratic model runs.

Models are all over the place right now, can't say it's over yet.

why is this argument even happening?? Its still 5 days away. Geez!! No one should be under any pressure to mention anything until at least thursday. We all want snow, but this is almost laughable.Everyone wants to know what the weather will be for the weekend, It holdiay season. Isn't tony working with tom tasselmeyer. If tasselmeyer is even thinking about the possibility of snow, then I'd have to lean to him, because he is very conservative and wants to get it right. The map presented here was from this aftn run, correct. Its at least showing something, but not for the central midatlantic. Also, I would have a hard time believeing that lwx, tv stations and radio stations would jump on a forecast for possiblity for snow just because a popular and well respected forum is starting to talk about it with the models jumping all over the place.

Its really hard to take Ji seriously. Especially with the giving up, cancelling stuff, etc.

I'd say that we have equal chances at something in the dec 5 to 9th period. You can't say nothing or go based on one set of erratic model runs.

I think it lower than that but still above climo which is really low at least for an inch and DCA. The good thing is we have cold and a block. The bad so far is there isnt' much southern stream energy except on the euro which has been overdoing it. It's still a period worth watching but the pattern isn't last year good.

I think it lower than that but still above climo which is really low at least for an inch and DCA. The good thing is we have cold and a block. The bad so far is there isnt' much southern stream energy except on the euro which has been overdoing it. It's still a period worth watching but the pattern isn't last year good.

I'm ready to bail.

Archived