• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March 21-24 Winter Storm

kab2791

Blizzard Watches in MN. I take it that this forum lacks members from that region. Still looks like the Feb 20th system. Although it appears that parts of SEMI that missed the MIX / ICE from that storm will get it with this one.

Im probably the only one on this board with a blizzard watch.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as models are whiffing hard on the thunderstorms and below 40 degree temps here right now, I am going to take the models for what they are worth right now, which isn't much of anything.

Problem is the system at the border. Needed the low farther south by Chicago to become the dominate one and strengthen. That would have helped to bring down a better supply of cold etc from Canada. What models kinda **** the bed with was the front near the stateline and thus a bit colder and farther south with the precip/T-Storms. I think the potential for any meaningful wintry precip is about shot in lower MI. For here i am about certain it is ( except maybe some flakes on backside ) and I would be willing to bet on that too.

I guess the flip side is we may have a better severe potential. Thus it is time to root for this thing to go/stay farther north and stronger.

Want snow in S.MI. then hope it bombs in N.ND and or near the US/Canada border and closes off and meanders into S.Canada. That would set up a nice blocker for the following system which would be forced to take a more southern track. JMHO No guarantee but it would help the odds alot especially with the crappy Pacific which may screw things up anyways unless we can get some ridging out there.

Problem is the system at the border. Needed the low farther south by Chicago to become the dominate one and strengthen. That would have helped to bring down a better supply of cold etc from Canada. What models kinda **** the bed with was the front near the stateline and thus a bit colder and farther south with the precip/T-Storms. I think the potential for any meaningful wintry precip is about shot in lower MI. For here i am about certain it is ( except maybe some flakes on backside ) and I would be willing to bet on that too.

I guess the flip side is we may have a better severe potential. Thus it is time to root for this thing to go/stay farther north and stronger.

Want snow in S.MI. then hope it bombs in N.ND and or near the US/Canada border and closes off and meanders into S.Canada. That would set up a nice blocker for the following system which would be forced to take a more southern track. JMHO No guarantee but it would help the odds alot especially with the crappy Pacific which may screw things up anyways unless we can get some ridging out there.

Yeah maybe I should root on severe then we know it will trend back colder :P

Yeah maybe I should root on severe then we know it will trend back colder :P

Good luck with that.. :P

Ofcourse being as far east as you are i suppose there is somewhat of a better chance to get a ice storm out of it atleast. Gonna need the 12z runs to go a bit south though. Why i wont bet on your backyard YET. See what happens at 12z. :devilsmiley: Here i know it is toast. No coming back from this with only 48hrs to go. Too far into the warmth.

Good luck with that.. :P

Ofcourse being as far east as you are i suppose there is somewhat of a better chance to get a ice storm out of it atleast. Gonna need the 12z runs to go a bit south though. Why i wont bet on your backyard YET. See what happens at 12z. :devilsmiley: Here i know it is toast. No coming back from this with only 48hrs to go. Too far into the warmth.

Yeah maybe I am crazy as I will be driving home from work on Tuesday at midnight, but an ice storm is always cool.

Yeah maybe I am crazy as I will be driving home from work on Tuesday at midnight, but an ice storm is always cool.

I hear you. If i did not have so many power lines around this house i wouldn't mind it. Plus i am still aggravated from the last ice storm. Can thank the cable people for that for taking 3 weeks to get the Cable TV/Internet crap fixed. :thumbsdown:

I hear you. If i did not have so many power lines around this house i wouldn't mind it. Plus i am still aggravated from the last ice storm. Can thank the cable people for that for taking 3 weeks to get the Cable TV/Internet crap fixed. :thumbsdown:

Man I would have been blowing up the cable companies phone lines. :P

This is going to be very wet snow that is going to stick to everything. The NWS said whoever gets the heavy snow will have to be dealing with down power lines due to the combo of wet snow and high winds. So far the worst is going south of me, but it is pretty close. Southern Houghton county, and Ontonagon counties are under a winter storm watch.

Yeah that sucks. Have had a few glaze events every winter, but i havent seen a real ice storm since April 2003, and even that was worse to my north. (Also saw a bad ice storm in Jan 2002 following heavy snow, and one in Feb 2001). The Jan 2007 ice storm had trees as close as DTW draped in ice while here we had just a few icicles, thanks to it being literally 32.8F during most of the storm. Then as you know Feb 20th this year we were supposed to have ice storm but ended up with 10.2" of snow. So basically something always goes wrong, and when we finally DO have an ice storm residents of my town wont know what to do :lol:. Will take any snow in a heartbeat over ice, hell Feb 20th was one of my favorite snowstorms EVER....but still say id like to see ice over rain.

Serious precip amounts along and north of 94. Possible dynamic cooling along and north of 59 could keep us all snow?

I'd have to look at bufkit when it comes out, but that could be the case, though its a very touchy situation that can very easily change. Although, I might add this run there is more ice than previous runs for the M-59 to I-69 corridor. Talk about a gradient too, Lima Ohio 65, Toledo 32-35 at hour 57

I'd have to look at bufkit when it comes out, but that could be the case, though its a very touchy situation that can very easily change. Although, I might add this run there is more ice than previous runs for the M-59 to I-69 corridor.

Come a little south and lock in the 12z NAM. Wow almost 2.5 of precip along 94

Up here in eastern ND anticipating a heavy wet snow 10-16 inches Minot east-southeast to Grand Forks and Fargo a bit less south of Fargo where more mix will occur....tight southern gradient.

This will push the spring flooding well into April which is not good.

Up here in eastern ND anticipating a heavy wet snow 10-16 inches Minot east-southeast to Grand Forks and Fargo a bit less south of Fargo where more mix will occur....tight southern gradient.

This will push the spring flooding well into April which is not good.

Ya this should be a fun event, gonna be a very heavy wet snow and there may be a slight concern for some tree damage and powerlines with the wind picking up and everything plastered with snow.

Flooding is going to be a nightmare, I could only imagine if we get a big storm to cut up west of us during the flood, I think the recent flood outlook said that the average precip for the 6 week period from march 1st to april 15th was around 1.6" of liquid, We are going to go well above that with the next event and we are only halfway through that period arrowheadsmiley.png.

Archived