Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 4-6 Potential Winter Storm

Chicago WX

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a low developing in LA at hr 132? Hard to say. Looks to be a 1012 low down there that just developed.

there are going to be a series of lows possible it seems

the first will be the wave that crosses the lakes and washes out.....that will set the BZ as another wave develops in the south and moves up it

then as the bz slowly shifts east, another stronger low may develop along it and possibly hook negative

its just a wild wild setup

Wow makes you wonder what might have been had the nina really taken over sooner than later. Despite an amazing winter for most, this might have challenged the 1970's snow records. The hyperactivity of the pattern is simply something. Just quality after quality storms with ample precip, deep pressures, and wide swaths of variable weather and precip. The next couple of weeks show no shortage of cold and storminess, looks like winter is in firm control for the foreseeable future. I think the flooding is going to be big time later in the month if this pattern keep re asserting itself with these moist storms. Gotta say this is fun, even for a warminista like myself, it has been wild watching the models and seeing things materialize. Man the temp gradients across the north to the south are pretty amazing, great battle grounds in the middle.

Usually I start getting tired of winter when the sun angle doesnt support snow anymore then it just becomes useless. I think were in for one more good one.

The best case scenario would be to get a 12+ storm to end the winter. I personally never have seen a monster storm in march but my dad says we have had some of our biggest snows in march. I think la nina supports that.

Thought I'd give it a go. Anyway, looks like something is being signaled in this timeframe by the models that count. Let it rip.

Are you done yet wishing for snow? Not sure what sort of stance I should take this time.. :unsure:

Last time went with trying to just wish it away, ended up with several inches..:lol:

Are you done yet wishing for snow? Not sure what sort of stance I should take this time.. :unsure:

Last time went with trying to just wish it away, ended up with several inches..:lol:

I want to get to 50" for LAF, then I'm good. So we need only 1.5". Root against this happening please. :guitar:

The best case scenario would be to get a 12+ storm to end the winter. I personally never have seen a monster storm in march but my dad says we have had some of our biggest snows in march. I think la nina supports that.

Weve definitely had some great March snowstorms in years past. Im curious, as I know youve referenced your dads recollection of winters past before. How does he feel about this winter (ie, does he feel its been a harsh winter).

Weve definitely had some great March snowstorms in years past. Im curious, as I know youve referenced your dads recollection of winters past before. How does he feel about this winter (ie, does he feel its been a harsh winter).

He's like me and likes extreme weather. He does say its been one of the most consistent coldest winters he has seen in quite awhile. As far as snow is concerned he says its about average, mainly because of the lack of a big one. He bought a new 2 stage snowblower before last winter and I told him he jinxed us as we didn't get much snow last winter. He said to me the other day I think the jinx is over after this month.

As for the rest of march, I just don't see enough cold air in our region. Wisconsin and the plains have a better chance further west.

Archived