• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NNE Winter Snow Thread

dryslot

And I'll add that I'm down to 9.9F as I type this so another 10-15F drop here is within reach. That would put me a little below 0F and if you subtract 5F from that it gets you near your CON numbers. I'm not sure how scientific that is, but there ya go. :lol:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I'll add that I'm down to 9.9F as I type this so another 10-15F drop here is within reach. That would put me a little below 0F and if you subtract 5F from that it gets you near your CON numbers. I'm not sure how scientific that is, but there ya go. :lol:

I ended up going -7F for CON. We'll see what happens. BML is a crapshoot...somewhere in the -20s is a good bet. :lol: I chickened out there. Went -23F.

I just called the BML ASOS and they're down to -21C so -5F/-6F. The more I look the more I agree that I think the NAM/MET may have the clouds better handled after midnight. We'll see. This should be the last of the really extreme cold for the winter.

I just called the BML ASOS and they're down to -21C so -5F/-6F. The more I look the more I agree that I think the NAM/MET may have the clouds better handled after midnight. We'll see. This should be the last of the really extreme cold for the winter.

BML -9 clear calm 1036 , want to see a record!

BML -9 clear calm 1036 , want to see a record!

I called the ASOS sites. BML is -11F or -12F (-24C) right now and CON is 5F (they've leapfrogged me). I'm down to 7F.

00z NAM looking better for NNE next Monday...a little more Euroish. Hopefully some of us get some decent snow from it.

I called the ASOS sites. BML is -11F or -12F (-24C) right now and CON is 5F (they've leapfrogged me). I'm down to 7F.

00z NAM looking better for NNE next Monday...a little more Euroish. Hopefully some of us get some decent snow from it.

I love watching them free fall, how do you "call' BML or any ASOS, I know Jerry calls Logan hourly.

Most of the ASOS/AWOS sites have weather phones.

I get them from these pages...just change the station in the URL.

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/KBML

The phone number is right in there.

Yea just found it, learn something new here everyday, love this place, thanks oh yea-25 c just called LOL

http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/weather/asos/?state=NH

Pre Squeal -24f this morning.

Caribooze -13f. They're up on a hill.

Ghoulton at -23f.

Last night Ghoulton dropped 15f in 1 hour between 2100-2200.

Dressing up for a day-long sales ride around NEMENNE.

Yes I peddle stuff from my snowmobile.

Coolest and funniest trail map shirts & posters to be found here in "A Mistook County".

People love 'em.

Vim Toot!

Morning low of 3.5F up on my hill (1100) feet. Just looked at the 6Z NAM and GFS. Heavy rain or heavy snow. Will be a fun couple of days of model watching. By the way I hate the new NCEP site coming on line. With the old site I can just create tabs real and look at runs side by side. Can't figure out how to do that quickly with the new site coming on line for April. If anyone can figure it out please let me know!

Gene

GFS 06z clown map for entertainment purposes......lol

Holy gradient across the VT/NH frontier, Batman. Good for you Maine-ahs though. And not bad for here either, I should note.

Morning low of -3.5F up on my hill (1100) feet.

It's all relative. I'm at 1200' and in a hollow. ;)

-9.6F

Let's get that 6z GFS to verify. lol :snowman: :snowman:

Yup. 00z clown map gives me 4", 06z 20"+. That later run also dumps 20-30" (or more) in N.Maine when the Sun-Mon and late week storms are combined.

Touched -22 this AM, felt nicer than yesterday's -11 due to the calm. This is my 9th reading of 20-25 below in March here, 13 yr. (No chance of another this year; doubt I'll pass -10.) What seems odd is that I've yet to hit -20 in Dec. Anywhere else I've kept records - NNJ, BGR, Ft. Kent, Gardiner - Dec's coldest mornings have run way colder than those for March. This is also the 3rd winter here in which the coldest morning was in March.

98-99....Jan...-24 (Planted Reliance peach tree in May, 1998.)

99-00....Jan...-25

00-01....Mar...-25

01-02....Feb...-12 (Only year my peach tree bore fruit.)

02-03....J&F...-29 (12 mornings -20 to -29 killed the peach tree.)

03-04....Jan...-28 (Coldest aft highs Jan 14,15: -11 and -8. The -28 was 1/9.)

04-05....Jan...-30

05-06....Feb...-16 (A guess from memory; definitely Feb & minus teens.)

06-07....Mar...-23 (3/6/07 aft high was -2. The -23 was 3/9.)

07-08....Feb...-26 (on Leap Year Day)

08-09....Jan...-36

09-10....Jan...-19

10-11....Mar...-22

Yeah, I was talking seeing the 06z Gfs verifying, I am haveing a hard time buying into the 12Z Nam track though

Gonna be an interesting ride between now & Monday whatever plays out.

HPC through 7am Sunday. Nice 70% prob of 4" for borderwx, serbiesnow, mreaves, klw, heavysnow79, myself and almost to tamarack.

post-2284-0-34179300-1299254356.gif

Archived