12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter returns with a vengeance thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40s is not a spring day...never was. That's my own perception. When the normal overnight is still sub freezing, it is not spring. Remember March in most of New England gets as much snow as December and in many years more.

No 40s is not "Spring" but compared to what we've had the past three months, it's a huge step in the Spring direction. Anyone that denies that is either a fool or just deluding themselves, in denial. Embrace the warmth, that's what I say. The cold and snow is right there waiting this time of year.

No 40s is not "Spring" but compared to what we've had the past three months, it's a huge step in the Spring direction. Anyone that denies that is either a fool or just deluding themselves, in denial. Embrace the warmth, that's what I say. The cold and snow is right there waiting this time of year.

Enjoy the weather, it's the only weather you'll get.

Torch is much shorter than it looked a week ago.

The euro almost had a 4 day torch, a few days ago.

The good thing about glacial snowpack, is that even with temps in the high 30's this morning, I noticed little melting. The atmosphere is going to have to do a lot of work to melt the snow, especially in protected areas. The typical sun torch areas will probably have heavy heavy damage, but you really need a cutter with 2" of rain, to do a lot of damage in most spots away from the sun.

No 40s is not "Spring" but compared to what we've had the past three months, it's a huge step in the Spring direction. Anyone that denies that is either a fool or just deluding themselves, in denial.

Relative to winter temps, 40's will feel downright balmy. Add in a stronger sun and yeah--you can't deny it. Hell, the sky's getting light before 6:00a.m. now and it's not completely dark until after 6:00p.m. Lots of winter to go to be sure and (most) will enjoy it. But there's no denying that lies ahead. The good news is that in five weeks, the rate of change of the sun's increased angle will have reached its peak and we'll be only three months out from a lowering sun angle again. Big Winter coming in with tastes of it beginning in early Novemeber. :)

To me, it looks like an active pattern with no big block busters, but perhaps mdt overrunning events. Maybe we can get a weatherfella special....nice long duration Feb '94 event...lol.

In any case, some storms may be messy, some will be white, but it could be active which is all we can ask.

I want BOS to at least move this season to #2. BOS needs about 25 for that. A series of overrunning events and one big equinotical storm can easily do the trick.

Met spring has always been a bullsh*t term. Honestly do you ever consider 3/4 a spring day?

Met Spring was a term created by lazy statisticians who dont like having to calculate for an extra 21 days. In reality, the chances for snow in the first half of March are better than they are in the first half of December, on average.

I want BOS to at least move this season to #2. BOS needs about 25 for that. A series of overrunning events and one big equinotical storm can easily do the trick.

Yeah I know, we'll need next week to do all it can.

I know an observer down in Canton who has over 80" already. That's just unbelievable.

21/19, absolutely no melting here overnight. I remember when Blizz used to attack BIrving and I'd feel bad. I'd even try to interfere. Now, I think I'd walk by the assault in progress like nothing was happening.

So what you are saying is that it's better to play the politics, sugar coat everything, post tens of thousands of times in a couple months about nonsense and rehashing every idea someone else already said...keep walking. ;)

BTW, did you go to Blue Hill???

Never made it. My computer is on it's last legs and crashed and it took 2 hours bringing it back to life. Got to replace. So I walked around here but haven't tried out the snow shoes. Hopefully some fresh cover next week. I know someone who routinely snowshoes at the arboretum but that would have to wait for the weekend now.

Archived