• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
How warm can we get on Monday?

earthlight

This is what I hope you'll be saying in July :P I love these downslope winds-- its what made last summer so magical :) 59 now and trying to get to 60 ;)

could you imagine 100 F. with these winds? now that would be interesting. gusts to 25mph today.

feb 2011 could go down as a total bust... which would be interesting.... back to back 50"+ winters but with snowless months galore.... january 2010, march 2010, feb 2011?.... march 2011? i know... i'm getting ahead of myself.

could you imagine 100 F. with these winds? now that would be interesting. gusts to 25mph today.

feb 2011 could go down as a total bust... which would be interesting.... back to back 50"+ winters but with snowless months galore.... january 2010, march 2010, feb 2011?.... march 2011? i know... i'm getting ahead of myself.

Gusts to 25? Most places are gusting around 40.

This looks like the warmest Valentine's Day at JFK since 1990 when it set the record of 62.

Did JFK hit 60 also? Did you?

I wonder if we'll make a run at 70 on Friday.

I wonder how common it is to have a record high in February and then a record low in March. I know in 1990 we had mid-upper 80s in the middle of March and then saw almost an inch of snow in early April. What a turn around lol. The opposite of what happened between December 1989 and January 1990, too bad it was too late to get some real wintry weather.

I wonder how common it is to have a record high in February and then a record low in March. I know in 1990 we had mid-upper 80s in the middle of March and then saw almost an inch of snow in early April. What a turn around lol. The opposite of what happened between December 1989 and January 1990, too bad it was too late to get some real wintry weather.

I made it to 58 here a little while ago.

We get some decent temperature swings in these Nina patterns.

I remember we were in the 50's several days before the 2/22/08 snow here.

We were a degree from a record low in on 3/3/09 at 13 after a record of 62 on 2/11/09.

I don't know. They cut off a few degrees and are now going with 58 friday. Would be funny if today ended up the warmest day of the week.

61 was the highest I saw, it started dropping and getting windier within the last 30 minutes though. My eyes were like this (O_O) when I checked the temperature. This weather could hold me over until Wednesday lol, but I'm looking forward to Friday, I hope we could make a run at 70 but if we don't I know it's only a matter of weeks before we do.

I guess this is the obs thread....what a wind gust I encountered about 910pm at broadway and 71st. It obviously was aided by the tunnel effect of the buildings but I would guess it was 50-60 mph....first time in my life I was scared in a wind gust and I was thinking stop stop as it kept ramping up. A glass door that was slightly ajar got tossed off of it hinges and smashed about 10 feet from me as I got hit with shards....pretty intense.

Archived