joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring like warmth

ParanormalWx

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z euro has next wed and thurs day in the 50-60 range, with friday 60-70 from the delaware river west..then the cold air comes pouring back

Brown snow & ice removal FTW.

BTW, the cold on the back side of Day 10 is pretty much confined to New York on north. We drop back to 40's (normal), with the GFS a bit colder.

I would hardly call Friday springtime warmth!

I would say starting Sunday, we enter a stretch of at least 6 days with high temps in the upper 40's or higher. Pretty close to early spring-time temps (obviously, temps in the 50's would be quite chilly for May but not bad for late March or early April).

I would say starting Sunday, we enter a stretch of at least 6 days with high temps in the upper 40's or higher. Pretty close to early spring-time temps (obviously, temps in the 50's would be quite chilly for May but not bad for late March or early April).

Yes I would agree with that, just when I think spring I'm thinking of late April and May.

Latest Wxsim program has the high remaining below freezing until late Sunday morning. Has a high of 41 for Tuesday.

I'm going with for us:

Friday - 32

Saturday - 38

Sunday - 45

Monday - 50

Tuesday - 46

Wednesday - 50

Thursday - 55

Friday - 59

Still about 12 inches of hard snowpack in the yard. Don't think I'll see the grass for a while yet.

after being outside most of this week for my news stories, I am sick of being all bundled up and freezing....

bring on warmth...I dont think I have felt 50 degrees since november up here---

It really is just aweful. As our weatherman Joe Snedeker says, I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO LIVE AGAIN.

after being outside most of this week for my news stories, I am sick of being all bundled up and freezing....

bring on warmth...I dont think I have felt 50 degrees since november up here---

It really is just aweful. As our weatherman Joe Snedeker says, I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO LIVE AGAIN.

Not to sound rude or anything but this is winter isn't it? Its supposed to be cold. So many people at work cry from the minute it turns cold until the 50-60s+ come back. They say they are tired of the cold almost from day one. I tell them they should move to Florida were they can for the most part always be warm and humid. I will enjoy spring when it supposed to be here now I would like some more cold with snow guess I am outnumbered around here oh well.

Not to sound rude or anything but this is winter isn't it? Its supposed to be cold. So many people at work cry from the minute it turns cold until the 50-60s+ come back. They say they are tired of the cold almost from day one. I tell them they should move to Florida were they can for the most part always be warm and humid. I will enjoy spring when it supposed to be here now I would like some more cold with snow guess I am outnumbered around here oh well.

This winter has lacked that one week of 50's and a warm up that we have been accustomed to seeing....except for new years eve, it's been in the deep freeze since the end of November. At least up here....

It just gets old really fast opening your front door and having the cold take your breath away morning after morning after morning.

This winter has lacked that one week of 50's and a warm up that we have been accustomed to seeing....except for new years eve, it's been in the deep freeze since the end of November. At least up here....

It just gets old really fast opening your front door and having the cold take your breath away morning after morning after morning.

Everyone can use a week break, but generally I want winter to be winter. The cold doesn't bother me as much as the heat.

Everyone can use a week break, but generally I want winter to be winter. The cold doesn't bother me as much as the heat.

Agreed. When it's cold i just keep putting layers on until I'm warm. When it's hot i can only take so much off until the Lancaster police are hauling my butt off to the slammer.:lightning:

I don't mind cold one bit but I definitely need a break from it...usually you get some swings in temperature but outside of two days in January and a day in mid December it's been 45 or less the last 9 weeks. While winter is winter there's usually a few stretches of decent weather tossed in around here....I think that's all some of us want. It doesn't have to be 70, 75 all of a sudden but 50's in February isn't out of the "norm" of typical early Spring warmups.

I don't mind cold one bit but I definitely need a break from it...usually you get some swings in temperature but outside of two days in January and a day in mid December it's been 45 or less the last 9 weeks. While winter is winter there's usually a few stretches of decent weather tossed in around here....I think that's all some of us want. It doesn't have to be 70, 75 all of a sudden but 50's in February isn't out of the "norm" of typical early Spring warmups.

I don't mind the cold either in Dec, Jan and Feb but once the calendar hits March I like spring to take over with temps in the mid-50's and the occasional 60 degree day since the days are longer and I can actually spend some time outside with my kids when I get home from work.

Agreed. When it's cold i just keep putting layers on until I'm warm. When it's hot i can only take so much off until the Lancaster police are hauling my butt off to the slammer.:lightning:

Yep, you can wear layers in the cold weather. So I'm personally not bothered as much. A summer with no breaks like we had last year has me at my most miserable.

Archived