Newest Member
    joxey
Spring like warmth

ParanormalWx

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hazleton...

Monday: A chance of flurries and freezing drizzle before 1pm, then a chance of drizzle and flurries. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a high near 40.

Monday Night: Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 14.

Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 31.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.

Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.

Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.

Nah, they are pretty much following the models. I think they tend to go higher than it is more easily in the winter.

If by "models" you mean the MEX MOS guidance then that may be the case. However, the MEX tends to be conservative... i.e. if it shows 59 on day 6 then if the actual model output holds, chances are high that it'll be into the 60s.

Yep, you can wear layers in the cold weather. So I'm personally not bothered as much. A summer with no breaks like we had last year has me at my most miserable.

The thing is, too many layers and it starts to become movement restricted. On these coldest of mornings, I wore a t-shirt followed by a long sleeve thermal, then a heavier sweatshirt followed with a hoodie, and then my medium thickness jacket. Not to mention thermal pants and then denims. I can't see where doing all that is better then just throwing on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt in the summer.

For me, the only positive part of winter is the potential for MECS/HECS snowstorms. Other than that, I have no use for cold weather, short days, and leafless trees. I'll take the green, bright, warm to hot days of summer anytime.

I agree 10000000%... I can't wait to track heat waves and/or humidity. Also, sun staying out to close to 9p. Feels great to be outside in the summer.

The thing is, too many layers and it starts to become movement restricted. On these coldest of mornings, I wore a t-shirt followed by a long sleeve thermal, then a heavier sweatshirt followed with a hoodie, and then my medium thickness jacket. Not to mention thermal pants and then denims. I can't see where doing all that is better then just throwing on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt in the summer.

For me, the only positive part of winter is the potential for MECS/HECS snowstorms. Other than that, I have no use for cold weather, short days, and leafless trees. I'll take the green, bright, warm to hot days of summer anytime.

i agree with this. If it isn't going to snow, then just give me warmth, and the 4 B's baseball, bikinis, beach and bbq's

i agree with this. If it isn't going to snow, then just give me warmth, and the 4 B's baseball, bikinis, beach and bbq's

In the summer, the humidity bothers me no matter how many layers I have. I don't mind bundling up in the winter. There's no right or wrong here - just a huge diffrerence in how the weather affects me and Voyager. Late winter cold and snow FTW after this warm up.

In the summer, the humidity bothers me no matter how many layers I have. I don't mind bundling up in the winter. There's no right or wrong here - just a huge diffrerence in how the weather affects me and Voyager. Late winter cold and snow FTW after this warm up.

I agree with this 100%. My brother used to get damn near violent when it was hot and humid. His ideal weather was 50 and damp which is why he lives in Seattle now. We are all affected differently. For me, anything under 40 is too cold, and my ideal temp range is anything above 80, which includes the 100+ weather in Phoenix which didn't bother me at all.

I agree with this 100%. My brother used to get damn near violent when it was hot and humid. His ideal weather was 50 and damp which is why he lives in Seattle now. We are all affected differently. For me, anything under 40 is too cold, and my ideal temp range is anything above 80, which includes the 100+ weather in Phoenix which didn't bother me at all.

you also have to consider line of work to. You work outside, so it being brutally cold wouldn't be fun. I wonder if matt would feel differently if he had to work outside in sub 20 degree temps?

I'm going with for us:

Friday - 32 32.7

Saturday - 38 37.9

Sunday - 45

Monday - 50

Tuesday - 46

Wednesday - 50

Thursday - 55

Friday - 59

Still about 12 inches of hard snowpack in the yard. Don't think I'll see the grass for a while yet.

Verification so far in bold. Snowpack at 11 in yard. South facing hill near house patchy snow cover.

32.2 at present

by this time next week it will be a distant memory as u will be cold and snowy

Not cold and snowy enough after the second least snowy middle of winter ever... what an awful stretch out here! 7 weeks from the end of December to almost the middle of February with only 0.4" of snow to show for it... just plain awful. Mind you we average 12.5" of snow in that time...

Not cold and snowy enough after the second least snowy middle of winter ever... what an awful stretch out here! 7 weeks from the end of December to almost the middle of February with only 0.4" of snow to show for it... just plain awful. Mind you we average 12.5" of snow in that time...

Don't worry, NWS says snow likely Thursday out there. :lol:

Don't worry, NWS says snow likely Thursday out there. :lol:

Haha... wouldn't be surprised if we can't even manage 3" from that thing. Cold frontal passages are not our friend more times than not... rarely do we get as much QPF as modeled.

Also not liking that the following system cuts so far south it misses us. Grrrrrrr....

Haha... wouldn't be surprised if we can't even manage 3" from that thing. Cold frontal passages are not our friend more times than not... rarely do we get as much QPF as modeled.

Also not liking that the following system cuts so far south it misses us. Grrrrrrr....

:weenie:

Wednesday: A slight chance of rain and snow. Snow level 5500 feet. Cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Wednesday Night: Snow. Cloudy, with a low around 22.

Thursday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 33.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.

Friday: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.

Friday Night: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.

Saturday: A slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 38.

New GFS has about a quarter inch of QPF Wednesday night. If everything worked out perfectly that might be 5 inches of snow... however, adding in the normal model bias with cold fronts (too wet) and the fact that it starts out warm (hurting ratios), I still wouldn't be at all surprised if we couldn't manage 3" of snow in town. DUMP!

:weenie:

Wednesday: A slight chance of rain and snow. Snow level 5500 feet. Cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Wednesday Night: Snow. Cloudy, with a low around 22.

Thursday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 33.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.

Friday: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.

Friday Night: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.

Saturday: A slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 38.

Friday, Feb 18th, 2011 at 1800GMT - Both GFS and ECMWF indicate 8C at 850mb with southwesterly flow across Appalachians. Cold front to follow on Saturday. Unstable low levels, with partial snow cover and mixing without clouds . . . add 13-15C to the 8C at 850mb. If cloudy, add 7-9C to the 850mb temperature. So lowest high temp around 60F, warmest high temp near 73F. 700mb RH and flow indicates cloud cover (plus increasing heights at 700mb and 500mb likely to bring some subsidence) in and out so . . . I'd go for 66-70F for Philly area on Friday. By Saturday mid day, temperatures at 850mb drop to -4C . . . so much for Spring. Mt Holly now going for 65F on Friday and 56F on Saturday for downtown Philadelphia. Close, maybe a little low on Friday and a little high on Saturday. NAO and AO staying neutral to positive so progressive flow stemming from west coast trough will keep systems moving across the Rockies into the Great Lakes occasionally warming us up for a day or two followed by a 3-5 day cold spell. Doesn't appear to be a snow scenario without a block . . . and storm track to our west and north (warm maybe some rain then cold). Great Lakes and New England - snow more likely.

Archived