Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Mid-February Obs/Discussion

PennMan

From Tombo:

"sv snow maps has

2-4 is edison to abe to south of ipt then sussex co del

4-8 lbi to hamilton to sellersville to to kutztown to lewistown then dc to kent/sussex co border to cape may pt.

8-12 york pa to gettysburg to bedford pa"

Is the 8-12 area not along the southern tier?

That's all I was trying to say...

I wasn't wishcasting, (I'm not a wishcaster by any means) I was trying to add actual information that I read from what someone else had posted.

I will try to post actual model links in the future to avoid the perception of just making up information.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Tombo:

"sv snow maps has

4-8 lbi to hamilton to sellersville to to kutztown to lewistown then dc to kent/sussex co border to cape may pt.

I wasn't wishcasting, (I'm not a wishcaster by any means) I was trying to add actual information that I read from what someone else had posted.

I will try to post actual model links in the future to avoid the perception of just making up information.

That was from last night's 00z GFS. I heard the 06z NAM trended south, but the 00z Euro is a good hit for us...

That was insane. Never forget that. I remember people were literally angry laugh.gif

Might be some angry people tomorrow when it's 36° and winds are gusting near 50mph. :arrowhead:

55° at my apartment...good day to walk to class.

FWIW, 06z GFS shows a bit over .50" liquid, mostly sleet and freezing rain, for the upcoming event(s) in State College.

From Tombo:

"sv snow maps has

Nah, as I pointed out, your post was fine. It's the general "models drier" or "models show giant snowstorm" stuff without backing that I was talking about. It gets confusing.

High wind watches going up.

yeah, better button down the hatches.

Clearing here again now. Sun working back out.

edit. i'm starting to get a lil ansty. We are still dry and the 1st decent day yesterday i heard the scanner going nuts with brush fires. add the high winds and the potential for disaster is huge!

well it looks like we in true central Pa will be too far south for the first event while for the 2nd event we will be too far north. Maybe the first storm can stay further south or the 2nd can move further north. Who we kidding, seems weve danced to this tune before...alot. Im basically at the point where Im ready for spring and baseball season. Bring it on. Speaking of spring, right now its 65 and it feels so good.

yeah, better button down the hatches.

Clearing here again now. Sun working back out.

edit. i'm starting to get a lil ansty. We are still dry and the 1st decent day yesterday i heard the scanner going nuts with brush fires. add the high winds and the potential for disaster is huge!

From the NWS discussion:

STRONG WINDS...DRY AIR MASS AND DRY FINE FUELS PRESENT A POSSIBLEWILDFIRE CONCERN NR THE MASON DIXON LINE ON SATURDAY. HAVE OPTEDFOR NO WATCH ATTM...AS CURRENT FCST IS FOR AFTN RH VALUES AOA 30 PCT.

well it looks like we in true central Pa will be too far south for the first event while for the 2nd event we will be too far north. Maybe the first storm can stay further south or the 2nd can move further north. Who we kidding, seems weve danced to this tune before...alot. Im basically at the point where Im ready for spring and baseball season. Bring it on. Speaking of spring, right now its 65 and it feels so good.

I just have to chuckle at the people in my office. They are so convinced we are done with any kind of winter weather.

Those poor bastards.....by end of March they are going to be the ones whining how we never have nice springs around here. Seen it so many times before.

From the NWS discussion:

STRONG WINDS...DRY AIR MASS AND DRY FINE FUELS PRESENT A POSSIBLEWILDFIRE CONCERN NR THE MASON DIXON LINE ON SATURDAY. HAVE OPTEDFOR NO WATCH ATTM...AS CURRENT FCST IS FOR AFTN RH VALUES AOA 30 PCT.

no doubt. On the way back from lunch, i saw an A-hole throw a cig butt out his truck window and i cringed.

I just have to chuckle at the people in my office. They are so convinced we are done with any kind of winter weather.

Those poor bastards.....by end of March they are going to be the ones whining how we never have nice springs around here. Seen it so many times before.

yep.I agree. Its wayyy to early to think winter is over. Most ppl are sick of winter and are getting anxious for spring, and with this warm wx they dont wanna go back to winter.

Yeah, the sleet made it pretty tough lol. I wish it would go away now though...lol, its not much to look at.

I hear ya. I think Im about at my end for winter this yr. If we could lock in 50's or higher for the next month,I believe I would hit the button. Got spring fever now. Lets just melt the rest of this snow and wash all the salt and stuff away and have spring. However, if a major snow was within a day from here , well....lol

This is one of the most intense wind setups (non-thunderstorm) we've had in a while. The winds align perfectly at all levels of the atmosphere:

f24.png

And the jet stream that is going to be over us will be ripping:

f24.gif

Easily wind gusts over 50 MPH, and over 60 MPH on the ridges. And with an increasing brush fire threat, any that do develop will be very tough to tame.

Archived