joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
LV/Reading/Poconos/NEPA/NWNJ Banter/Obs

Big Jims Videos

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had 4 different precip types in the last 12 hours: rain, snow, sleet, and hail. 3 of those have come in the last 30 minutes. And, to top it all off, I've seen a few flashes of lightning in the last 15 minutes. :arrowhead:

Enjoy the show, I hope there will be some good accums of sleet to see when I get to work in Nazareth tomorrow. :)

Witnessed 3 lightning strikkes while driving 309 north from center valey to lehigh street. Truly amazimsleet came down like out of some kind biblical story. Not as intense the last few minutes but boy oh boy was that cloud to ground a sight to see! Nearly brought a tear...I swear!

Is this all really hail? These storms are very low-topped. The one that just hit Reading is pushing 32kft but the rest are not too tall at all, and VIL is non-existent except for a small patch around Reading.

Graupel maybe?

This is pretty sustained "pingage", the hail that i have experienced is usually/always a quick hitter.

At this time, there may be a little of the white stuff on Tuesday the 5th. Looks like some change over as the cold air passes through the region with the strong front. Might be a small accumulation on the Poc plateau. Lets see if newer runs keep the moisture in here behind the frontal passage.

looked like 2 to 3 inches Thursday morning...didn't measure exactly though.

Today's event was pretty cheezy.. few flakes mixing in, that's about it. 34.9 now.

lookin forward to the 70's on monday. :thumbsup:

If you had measurable snow during last night's event I think I would be forecasting snow for the higher terrain of Monroe into June. :whistle:

Thanks for the reply!

We had some damage up by me last night around 8:15. A strong microburst or something hit my neighborhood in Pittston..I was laying down in bed and heard what sounds like one of the frequent freight trains that run along the Pittston Bypass...Stuff started hitting my house. I ran to the front door, opened it and it was pulled out of my hands and knocked the screen out. two houses down this happened. 208424_729046133602_6114193_38579229_4095534_n.jpg Also three power transformers were knocked out in my neighborhood and the Wendy's Sign was shredded up on 315 and thrown across the street into the Walmart parking lot and debris strewn all across the road. Lots of political signs were knocked down. I didnt call in the damage to the NWS but thought it was noteworthy. I estimate we had winds 60 mps for about 15 seconds during that roar...

We had some damage up by me last night around 8:15. A strong microburst or something hit my neighborhood in Pittston..I was laying down in bed and heard what sounds like one of the frequent freight trains that run along the Pittston Bypass...Stuff started hitting my house. I ran to the front door, opened it and it was pulled out of my hands and knocked the screen out. two houses down this happened. Also three power transformers were knocked out in my neighborhood and the Wendy's Sign was shredded up on 315 and thrown across the street into the Walmart parking lot and debris strewn all across the road. Lots of political signs were knocked down. I didnt call in the damage to the NWS but thought it was noteworthy. I estimate we had winds 60 mps for about 15 seconds during that roar...

AVP gusted over 60 mph, so that would seem to be a correct estimate.

Archived