12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 9th-? MW/GL/OV Threat

SpartyOn

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so i just ran thru the 00z euro on accuwx. Has about half an inch of snow for ohio on the weekend then what appears to be a front and clipper with the heaviest swath thru IN to CLE....maybe a couple inches?

BUT after that wtf is with the coastals again???? I thought we were done with those. positive nao and all... Back to a massive eastern trough centered over the Miss valley.....:gun_bandana:

i guess it depends on the AO/NAO returning.......seems like the GEFS ensembles are split.....and it does appear in line with what Don S was predicting coudl happen.

hopefuly he will be wrong this time or at least will only come back weakly... looks like a lot of potential.

i guess it depends on the AO/NAO returning.......seems like the GEFS ensembles are split.....and it does appear in line with what Don S was predicting coudl happen.

hopefuly he will be wrong this time or at least will only come back weakly... looks like a lot of potential.

I think this weekends storm is going to cause a pattern change and bring back the supression pattern until storms hit the coast and intensify. Please no!

I think this weekends storm is going to cause a pattern change and bring back the supression pattern until storms hit the coast and intensify. Please no!

Yeah, did you see the day 7ish GFS? Wow! The ONLY glimmer of hope MAYBE is that it is already showing a coastal and not super suppressed. SOOOOOO..........come a little more west my friend!

Yeah, did you see the day 7ish GFS? Wow! The ONLY glimmer of hope MAYBE is that it is already showing a coastal and not super suppressed. SOOOOOO..........come a little more west my friend!

Yea I hear ya there. All depends how the tellies change as each storm passes. The good thing is that neither of the next two storms are that strong so I am not sure if they will reinforce the block enough to supress the future storms. The good thing is the GFS usually over does the cold so you may be onto something P.

I don't think the weekend storm is gonna do much where pattern change is concerned. Now the Monday/Tueday storm could. But the weekend storm isn't a blockbuster. I don't buy that it's even remotely strong enough to usher in a change in pattern.

And he has been slowly backing off those thoughts too.

Personally i think a few got too caught up with that blocking back in DEC. What helped last winter and in a number of cases prior to that with bringing back such blocking was a nino. Yeah there was a few exceptions and well that is what they are Exceptions.

Who knows it could return but my hunch is that if it does it wont be till the end of the month and or March.

Thing to keep a eye on is spacing between systems. That is one way to send a system further se or whatever regardless of the NAO/AO etc. How i managed to sneak in one of my favorite snow storms at the coast in MD. Yeah the one that slammed the coast and missed the i95 corridor back in Feb 89. That month had a decent +AO etc.

And he has been slowly backing off those thoughts too.

Personally i think a few got too caught up with that blocking back in DEC. What helped last winter and in a number of cases prior to that with bringing back such blocking was a nino. Yeah there was a few exceptions and well that is what they are Exceptions.

Who knows it could return but my hunch is that if it does it wont be till the end of the month and or March.

Thing to keep a eye on is spacing between systems. That is one way to send a system further se or whatever regardless of the NAO/AO etc. How i managed to sneak in one of my favorite snow storms at the coast in MD. Yeah the one that slammed the coast and missed the i95 corridor back in Feb 89. That month had a decent +AO etc.

yeah i was thinking about this too......defintely looks to be an active jet.

not sure how it will play out.

Archived