joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 9th-? MW/GL/OV Threat

SpartyOn

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EURO easily did the best, not even close either. LOW tracked from S. Texas to E. Texas to C. ARK to SE MO, to S. IL and then it tracked near Indy I believe.

EURO pretty much nailed this from day 5. Was just weaker.

Other than the couple blip runs, I'd agree. But it was easy to see why it was doing what it was doing on those blip runs.

IWX

SECONDARY SW FOLLOWING IN BEHIND WILL BE WATCHED CLOSELY THIS WEEK

ESP IN LIGHT OF H5 HGT VERIFICATION INDICATING WRN ENVELOPE OF

SOLUTIONS HOLDS GREATER SKILL W/CURRENT MED RANGE AGAIN LIKELY TOO

PROGRESSIVE. WILL STAND W/PRIOR POPS DYS 6-7 W/ANOTHER POTENTIAL

SNOWSTORM PSBL ACRS THE ERN US ESP IN LIGHT OF YET ANOTHER SHARP SWD

ARCTIC INTRUSION. OTHERWISE PREFERENCE LIES TWD TEMPS AOB GUIDANCE

THROUGH THE PD.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?si...&glossary=1

Reading through some AFD's (PIT, ILN, CLE) PIT basically going with rain/snow mix for the Monday/Tuesday system. ILN gives no mention of it at all, and CLE says looks to pack more of a punch than the first system(Friday/Saturday), and says a couple inches of snow will be possible with system #2.. So none of the local OH offices are too thrilled with either system.

Frank Straight (Only accuweather met I like) has a video that talks briefly about next weeks storm. For some reason he said the euro was like the gfs but I think he was talking about last nights run and he hasn't looked at todays 12z yet. Anways around 6 minutes he starts to talk about it. He also references a japanese model. Thats the first I have ever heard of this model.

Franks Video

Frank Straight (Only accuweather met I like) has a video that talks briefly about next weeks storm. For some reason he said the euro was like the gfs but I think he was talking about last nights run and he hasn't looked at todays 12z yet. Anways around 6 minutes he starts to talk about it. He also references a japanese model. Thats the first I have ever heard of this model.

Franks Video

Japanese model = JMA

Buckeye, you seem pissed for some reason. Wonder why.

it ain't weather if that's what you mean. Unless you count the fact that on top of everything else i have to go out in the next couple of days and try to clean up tree debris from my neighbors and my backyard while trying not to break my asss slipping on glaciated snow.

I know, I know. I always used to say it as 'congrads' which pissed off everybody. "Congrats" if you so please...........

Moneyman, the "NW" trend brought Ohio a big snowstorm in 2008 and last February at least twice.

i thought 08 was a se trend. I thought it was forecast to clock hoosier a few days out.

Archived